Asus TUF Gaming F15? Is this worth fixing? PCH WARM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus TUF Gaming F15? Is this worth fixing? PCH WARM

Hi all, I picked up a liquid damaged Asus TUF Gaming F15, does not power on, model FX506HM-HN004T.

Ive gone as far as removing the case and doing a visual check, there is no visible corrision, upon plugging in the power brick a single led light shows that power is plugged in, but no display or fans, the PCH chipset gets warm/hot to the touch, could this mean its not fixable or do I proceed and remove the motherboard completely and check further for shorts etc, failing that should I just take it to a service centre and go from there

what would you do? my skillset is limited but I know my way around soldering and replacing components

thanks in advance

Re: Asus TUF Gaming F15? Is this worth fixing? PCH WARM

The PCH is perhaps shorted and hence needs to be removed. To do this you need bga machine. You need to check resistance on all coils before and after removing PCH. If you lack the tools/expertise, get in touch with a professional. If PCH is shorted, there may be further damaged parts.

Comment

Re: Asus TUF Gaming F15? Is this worth fixing? PCH WARM

I guess 3.3V is present then. Anything else coming up, even when it's for a short while? Check the coils and summarize pls.
      FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Working...
      X