Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyway to increase the temperature of this preheater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway to increase the temperature of this preheater?

It's a preheater for iPhone models X-11 that use low melt 138c solder between the sandwiched layers. Has a constant temp setting of 180-190c

I want to use it for newer iPhone 12 models which use a higher solder between the layers I believe 168c.

Anyway to increase the temp of the preheater to 230c?
    Attached Files

Re: Anyway to increase the temperature of this preheater?

This type of heater are preset from the factory and you would have to replace them for the temperature that you need
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Can always bump up voltage but then if the solder on the preheater starts to melt...

Comment

The top heater is directly conect to the main?, center and bottom are in series (no its not, my mistake). I wil try to desolder all of this, and measure resistance of each, maybe a simple dissarange of paralell-serial connection will increase temperature.

What is input voltage and resistance of each heater?
        Last edited by harp; 06-06-2022, 06:40 AM.

Comment

That looks like three ceramic PTC heaters. Their self-regulating temperature is built in to their design.
          You can get them cheap on Aliexpress, example. 110VAC is a bit harder to find.
          But if you put in higher temp parts, how to do low temps? You could add a cheap temperature controller STC-1000 to it, not with a cheap thermistor sensor but an RTD or thermocouple can take the higher temps.

I hope it's not mains powered, there is improper high voltage spacing due to the copper pour. That doesn't look so great.
          edit: I see the LED is connected to those traces, it must be 12V heaters.

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
            That looks like three ceramic PTC heaters. Their self-regulating temperature is built in to their design.
            You can get them cheap on Aliexpress, example. 110VAC is a bit harder to find.
            But if you put in higher temp parts, how to do low temps? You could add a cheap temperature controller STC-1000 to it, not with a cheap thermistor sensor but an RTD or thermocouple can take the higher temps.

I hope it's not mains powered, there is improper high voltage spacing due to the copper pour. That doesn't look so great.
            edit: I see the LED is connected to those traces, it must be 12V heaters.
            There's a plug that connects to it with an on/off switch in line with the cord going to mains. Is mains converted to 12v somewhere?

Comment

Working...
            X