Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hp elitebook 840 g4 need password unlock

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
    It's specific - serials etc., so first take a good verified dump of your machine and upload the file here for unlock. After that you can write unlocked file back to the bios chip.
    Thank you, so just to clarify, as i've never done it, post the serial number & product number and that's it?

Comment

Originally posted by PawelPL View Post
      Thank you, so just to clarify, as i've never done it, post the serial number & product number and that's it?
      No, not going to happen as you think. There is no software based methods, and if you want to do it - buy a programmer, the cheapest one is ch341a (10 bucks or even cheaper from ali), then read how to use it and we can talk later.
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 06:01 AM. Reason: edited winraid link
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
        No, not going to happen as you think. There is no software based methods, and if you want to do it - buy a programmer, the cheapest one is ch341a (10 bucks or even cheaper from ali), then read how to use it and we can talk later.
        Got it! Thank you.
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 06:01 AM. Reason: edited winraid link

Comment

Got it!

Thank you.
          You're welcome.
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.​
          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hello,
            I have a password locked (limited lock) cannot update bios... I tried one of the bios submitted in this forum but did not work (motherboard blinking once I put in the bios), here is my password protected bios, can you please unlock it and give me one that works?
            Thanks guys
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-10-2023, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkpower View Post
              Hello,
              I have a password locked (limited lock) cannot update bios... I tried one of the bios submitted in this forum but did not work (motherboard blinking once I put in the bios), here is my password protected bios, can you please unlock it and give me one that works?
              Thanks guys
              try..
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hello thanks for prompt bios sending...
                Same problem, red flashing 5 times (fast) then green bkinks one time (slow blink). Could be some other issue? is it possible that I installed wrongly the chip (I'm sure I installed in the good position as it was before)?
                Thanks
                Last edited by darkpower; 07-31-2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkpower View Post
                  Hello thanks for prompt bios sending...
                  Same problem, red flashing 5 times (fast) then green bkinks one time (slow blink). Could be some other issue? is it possible that I installed wrongly the chip (I'm sure I installed in the good position as it was before)?
                  Thanks
                  post the original bios not the one you tried on the site.
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Hello, yes I posted the original bios from my computer not the one I downloaded from the site...
                    Regards

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                      Try this and reply.
                      Hello, finally it worked well thank you very much
                      Regards

Comment

Steps to flash the bios of elitebook g4 840:
                        1- Open the laptop
                        2- Remove the battery then the SSD which is very close to the bios chip
                        3- protect the surroundings of the bios with aluminium foil or kaptopn tape if you have
                        4- remove the wson8 packaged bios chip with a heat gun after putting some flux (if you don't have hot air soldering station you cannot do it!!!)
                        5- connect it to ch341a programmer using twizzers or by soldering it
                        6- make 2-3 copies of the locked bios and verify each time that the buffer & content of the chip are exactly the same (very important)
                        7- post the bios on the forum
                        8- download the unlocked bios
                        9- Erase the eeprom and write the unlocked bios
                        10- Solder the bios back on the laptop after applying flux, put more tin on the contacts and remove tin from the central one (this might prevent the pins of the chip to be well connected)
                        11- put back the laptop battery (5 fast blink and 2 long blinks that I got before means that the chip is not well soldered, the laptop did not find the bios)
                        12- start the laptop, it should be saying invalid time...
                        13- enjoy!
                        Last edited by darkpower; 08-03-2020, 03:11 AM.

Comment

good morning is it possible to desolder the chip with soldering iron?

Comment

Originally posted by gualancho View Post
                            search for videos on the net for this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by gualancho View Post
                              No absolutely not, the chip has no leads, so you absolutely need hot air... You can buy cheap one from china directly, I got one for 22€ delivered to my home.
                              Good luck

Comment

Re: Hp 840 g4 bios remove password

i need Main and EC bios File 840 g4

Comment

Originally posted by black0hackers View Post
                                  i need Main and EC bios File 840 g4
                                  post the original bios and EC bios

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                    post the original bios and EC bios
                                    i dont have it, i need it

Comment

Request password unlock for HP Elitebook 840 G4. Attached the BIOS extract. Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jaggi_32 View Post
                                        Request password unlock for HP Elitebook 840 G4. Attached the BIOS extract. Many thanks!
                                        try..

Comment

Re: hp elitebook 840 g4

Doesnt work. Blank screen and 5 blinks on power button and caps lock. Checked the soldering, it is soldered well.

Comment

Working...
                                          X