Shuttle FV24 issues!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shuttle FV24 issues!!!

Ok, I am new to the whole forum world, so I'll give it my best. I have tried to read as much as possible before posting, so any help would be great.

I have a shuttle fv24 that took a dive. By dive I mean, it appears that the video went out. I tried the VGA port, nope. I tried the composite port, nope. I tried the S-Video port, nope. Nothing.

It sounds like it's running, but no video. I tested the cpu in another computer and it's fine. I tested the ram, and it's fine.

Ok, so after reading about these "badcaps" I found I had all sorts of them buldging, and the two near the cpu were leaking. Others are just buldging. I went ahead and recapped the two, but to my dissappointment, nothing!

Do I need to recap all of there cap? Could these caps really be the source of the video issue?

Thanks for any input and advice.

- spinningit

Re: Shuttle FV24 issues!!!

you need to replace all bulging caps.
    if it is too far gone topcat has an fv24 in for sale section.

Comment

That is what I thought you were going to say.

Thanks anyway, better get the 'ole iron fired up.

Comment

And you need to specify what caps you used to recap. Using normal non-low-esr caps can cause the board to not boot. Good caps are Rubycon MBZ/MCZ/ZL/ZLH/YXG, Chemicon KZE/KZG/LXY/LXV/LXF, Panasonic FC/FA/FJ/FM, Sanyo MV-WX, and Nichicon PW/PL/PM/HE. Panasonic FM are cheap at Digi-Key if you live in the US.
        The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Working...
        X