This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I was looking for information on fixing my tv and i saw this forum. I need some help if i can get it.

Comment

Hi everyone my name is Dennis from The Midwest USA. I have been kind of looking at this wonderful site for awhile and fixed my first 42 Plasma tv. three new caps and bamm lol works great. Thanks everyone who posts all this great info. I now have my second and found out its not always easy. anyways I will be looking for a little help here soon so thanks in advance. on

Comment

Hello, another new guy here
        Hi, I am Raul from Estonia (East-North Europe).
        Have been repairing electronics for about 15 years. I am really hoping to find a lot of helpful info and guidance here. Have repaired lcd monitors and lcd tvs and many computers and other stuffs like this in the pictures .
        Attached Files
        Last edited by kose2ik; 11-22-2012, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Hi all

joined this forum as I want to repair some electronics rather than dispose of them as its a greener way to live and a lot cheaper that buying new

also I am a keen woodworker in training and can also be found lurking on lumberjocks and the wood whisper sites

so hopefully you guys can help me and don't mind a few stupid questions as I learn

tozzzy ;o)

Comment

Ryan from Ohio, Like everyone else I have come seeking answers, and where I can apply, giving some as well.

Comment

Hello,
              Dan from North Carolina, work on xray equipment for a living and tinker with computers and TVs. I was chasing a cap problem on a HP mother board and I ended up here.

Comment

Jamie here, been browsing for a while, thought I would get registered.

Fix laptos for a living

Comment

Hello, i am new guy... I have computer repair experience but not with electronics, and i joined here to try to fix my lg 50PG3000 plasma tv which i get as a present...

Comment

well i'm in maintance with weld robotics for a living and fix PC's and about anything to do with electronics on the side playstations , Xbox's, laptops , now flat screens here and there mostly for the fun of it

Comment

hai,
                      i am new here. i'd like say hello to everyone here,
                      may i introduce myself fist
                      i am from jawa tengah indonesia. 32 year old now, have a litle family and one little cild
                      I am an elctronic technician fokus on computer and television

sorry for my english

regrad
                      nugroho

Comment

Re: HDTV Reciever

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                        Just trying to find out why my HDTV receiver does not work. Lots of good information.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi, i repair switching power power supplies and build car amplifiers.
                            i think i can get a lot of info here regarding fake caps.

Comment

Oblig introduction, Hello World!

Working on a Samsung Model 245BW I think it has a blown resistor, who knows, I'm about to crack it open and take a whack. It's already not working, whats the worst I can do to it now?

I'm 40 years old, I'm an avid computer enthusiast, have built several systems and am currently working as a Linux/Network Administrator. I like to fly RC planes, and do my own scratch builds.

Comment

Hello all,

Jaymes here from Indiana.

I have an lcd monitorproduced by Hyundai ImageQuest. It's the model N91S, 19" monitor.

When I turn the monitor on, the power led begins to pulse 1 every second or so, the lcd seems to flicker some but never displays a picture or the back light. I believe it is a capacitor issue as the system seems to be getting power but loosing it quickly. I'm grateful to all help offered.

I'm a 26 year old, been working with electronics for a number of years since my parents got me interested as a small boy. Found this community while looking for some schematics or information on the board, and this seems like a great collective of electronics enthusiasts such as myself.

Comment

Dan here from Saskatchewan Canada, been interested in electronics since the mid 90s been working on laptops, lcd and plasma tvs for a while now,
                                  found this forum while searching for info online for a tv,
                                  not an electronics genius but got some common sense and a little know how
                                  on how electronics work,
                                  thanks for the great site
                                  Danno

Comment

John from Anchorage Alaska here. Have a Asus A8N32-SLI that died on me this weekend. Found a post with a similar experience and a list of the caps to replace. Thanks for a wonderful resource!!

-john

Comment

Hi, from Portugal.
                                      I'm an electronics engineering student, and I have already seen some of the effects of bad an low quality caps, having this as a reference to what brands to avoid and to see some electronics guts is always a pleasure.

Best Regards,
                                      Tiago Angelo.

Comment

Hi...I am newbi here
                                        nice to be here, this forum is great...
                                        I just start to be desktop n Laptop Services Technician...when i have a trouble i search in ask and found this Forum...very helpful...thanks every one

Comment

Hi! I just found the way to remove the back panel on a Sony Bravia 40" LCD Model KDL40s4100. It was struck by lightning and there's no power, no nothing. I don't see any burnt parts and there's a fuse but is quite clamped to the frame. It's hard to tell if that fuse is burnt, 'cause it has a metal cover.
                                          Last edited by Luigi Moon; 11-28-2012, 03:24 PM. Reason: Solved first problem.

Comment

Working...
                                          X