This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I heard this place was good for BIOS modding and such. I just got my first SOIC-8 chip clip in the mail. I'm hoping to soon put coreboot on two ThinkPads. An X220T and a T440p. The T440p only recently got coreboot support, and that support is part of why I bought one. I'd like the WLAN whitelist removed, and then I'll look for a card with Linux-libre support so I can use Guix System and still have WiFi. I have a modded BIOS on my X220T and I already put in an atheros WLAN card and have ran Guix System for a couple years on it now. I've been using the T440p for a couple months with NixOS and I really miss Guix System.
    I probably won't post too much, but I look forward to working with you all!

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, looking forward to exploring this site.

Comment

Hello my name is sully thanks for the welcome .

Comment

hello I am jon, i go by digi on the net but I have made an exception on here. I love PC and consoles. I have started collecting consoles a little I have an NES (well several in different states of repair, ranging from cracked top, to as far as I am concern parts), I have a sort of soft spot for the NES... well one game really, I think the "launch" title even though if I have my history right after the crash here in the USA (I want to say the 1982 crash where most companies went under or they become devs for the 8 bit era) with the NES being an "Entertainment system" with accessory like ROB. sorry I got off track but the game I love is Super Mario Bros. my dad and I played it before he got cancer and passed.

I starting collecting because I was like hey I love xyz series I see that there are games from that series on *this* console example I played ratch and clank on the psp and loved it I had a feeling there were other games in the series, so i looked and found some on the ps3 so I got a hackable ps3 went to my local game shop to get a disc copy ratch and clank up your Arsenal. and got on my pc and got a *redacted redacted* and put it on my ps3.

I also have a few Wiis that I hope to modify into portable Wiis but I need to get better at soldering small components. I have 3 PS3s, 2 Xbox 360s, an Xbone (xb1), and a base PS4 and a switch. and a vr ready PC with VR headset. I mainly play games on my PC, and I know it sounds like I have wasted money on collecting consoles but really the ones I have multiple of friends have given me for various odd jobs, like fixing things, some times I spot them a bit of money go to restaurants and pay for their meals, I get times are hard and I am happy to take the consoles as payment... to be honest I see them more as gifts, and they are like "hey I am not using this ps3 will this make us even" I am like ehh sure.

Some consoles I got an incredible deals on I have a modifed xbox 360 hard drive hack, were you can load cheats on the harddrive the only issue was a dead hard drive so I got it for 3 dollars as is at my local gamestore as he hates hacked consoles and didnt know what the issue was/ what would be modified on the inside.

the reason I originally came was to sort of my tv but there is a good number of forums I would like to get into. sorry for the rambling. and I hope it wasn't too bad to read (if any one does read this lol I mean there IS at the time of writing 1114 pages excluding the last page there is 22,260 at least of posts. I am willingly to be it will get lost in the shuffle lol.

Comment

Hello, i'm just looking for DMI tolls of HP, my laptop got the message of missing CT number, so i'll try to fix it by my self

Cheers every one

Comment

This is my first message/post on this board. I will be posting about an LG 50PA6500 PLASMA TV, as soon as I figure out how to post. I had a career as a bench repair tech. AFTER this career I went back to the university to finish what I started thirty years earlier, a EE degree from WKU in Bowling Green, KY. (Just because.)

Ben

Comment

Hi
                  I'm Max from Croatia. I repair notebooks and other electronic

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm electronics hobiest and computer teacher at a vocational school. I hope this forum is useful for me and others.

I'm recording my repairs on my personal channel.

Best regards.

Comment

Hello everyone in the forum. I am from Romania, new to the forum and at the beginning of the road in the "repair club". If my english is strange guilty is google translation. I apologize and thank you for receiving

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm a tinkerer from the UK. I like obvious faults. Blown fuses after storms, bulging caps or disconnected wires.
                        The fact I'm posting here means I got out of my depth...

Will

Comment

Hi all, new here and trying to find my way.

Comment

Hello everyone. Just looking for some DIY assistance with my TCL 55" that crapped out after just 2 years! Seems a shame to toss it in the garbage if I can pin down the problem and replace a board to get it back up and going. Hoping to find info and make some friends along the way. Thanks for letting me join!

Comment

Greetings all. Really excited to be able to join this forum which is one of the most recommended forums out there in the internet for repairing circuits. Been a hardware tech for a while, I enjoy repairing things the most! Hope to meet other techs along the way. Thanks for letting me join!

Comment

Hello Everybody, I'm a controls/electronics engineering tech. I studied Instrumentation and Control Engineering in college and currently work for a large aerospace company, testing and troubleshooting various electronic control units. I also do some freelance electronics repair out of my home.

I've come across this forum in search of a schematic for an old ATX supply. There seems to be a wealth of information on here and I'm happy to have joined.

Comment

Hello guys! After getting interested in repairing different kinds of stuff (mainly because I started to watch videos of people repairing devices) I tried to repair some of my older electrical devices and on my research for schematics or tips, I stumbled across this side several times. So now I want to be part of this community and learn and share my experience.

Comment

Hello, I'm just a guy from Finland and do electronics and computers as a hobby. I would like to learn how to repair old computer electronics to be used again, especially old PSUs. I'm having few PSUs at the moment, that could need fixing and I hope, that I find help from the BadCaps forum.

Comment

Hi everyone, I am new here, just learned about this forum. I have worked on few DIY projects, mostly around PCs and networking, occasional HVAC/Electrical jobs. For a couple of days I was looking for a solution to fix my 2014 P702ui-b3 TV. Went with replacement of the power board, but it did not help. I suspect the replacement part might be bad too, or it could be the main board... There is a thread here which discusses power board troubleshooting, so that's what I will try to follow, hopefully I'll get somewhere

Happy Holidays!

Regards,

CJ

Comment

Just saying Hi - first post an' all...

And Merry Christmas to all.

I'm a techy guy with qualifications in computing and like to fiddle with things.

I'm reasonably practically minded, and have a brother in law who has a PHD and lectures in electronics - he's also had a book published by MIT.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you accepting me.

I,ve a issue with my LG tv 55UF6800 it's totally dead there is no standby light. I, suspect is the power supply board. P/N EAY64009301. Need you guys expectice. Can you guys guide me on how to test the power board just to confirm it. i've already open the tv back panel, saw some burn capacitors on it.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X