Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Race car guy needs help with capacitor! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Race car guy needs help with capacitor! :)

Hi! First I want to say what a great site this is. I have been on here many times and was able to find answers without bothering anyone. So, our tv in our race trailer started acting up (shutting off) and now turns on but shuts right back off. Its a OLD Insingia junker # NS-LTDVD26....but it serves us will reviewing our previous runs in the trailer.

So, I've done a bunch of reading, and I have to admit I am kind of lost when it comes to this stuff, but I think I have found atleast part of the problem. I have two swollen capacitors on the power board (MIP260B-1). With the help of this site in the past, I was able to replace some caps and voltage regs on 2 of my other home TV's. I think I can replace these as well.

Here is my question: What should I replace these caps with? I used Digikey in the past. They are: CapXon 1000uf10v C740 Vent KF105 - has an X on top if that means anything, I would like to replace them with something better if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help. Anyone needing help making their car faster just let me know.

Re: Race car guy needs help with capacitor!

Your problem is indicative of cap problems.

X is just the vent, metal pressed down so if it fails it doesn't explode, just leaks from the vent, afaik all capxons and nichicons have an X vent, sanyos and panasonics a K vent

this is the capxon KF series:

only 10v1000uf they have listed is 10x16 (DxH). ripple is 1040maRMS, esr is 0.076Ω (or 76mΩ)

Ripple in these cases you can go higher. impedance lower, but not to low. I think Panasonic FM is good. Though it dosen't have the 5khr endurance (only 3khr). ripple only slightly higher. Still should work. Might want to get other opinions.
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Second the FM series suggestion...

So gassers or the good stuff?
      Last edited by goontron; 10-01-2018, 11:17 PM.
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
        Your problem is indicative of cap problems.

X is just the vent, metal pressed down so if it fails it doesn't explode, just leaks from the vent, afaik all capxons and nichicons have an X vent, sanyos and panasonics a K vent

this is the capxon KF series:

only 10v1000uf they have listed is 10x16 (DxH). ripple is 1040maRMS, esr is 0.076Ω (or 76mΩ)

Ripple in these cases you can go higher. impedance lower, but not to low. I think Panasonic FM is good. Though it dosen't have the 5khr endurance (only 3khr). ripple only slightly higher. Still should work. Might want to get other opinions.
        Thank you! but.... I still dont know what caps to buy. Maybe a part number or something would help me more.

Comment

EEUFM1A102()
          if it's 10mm wide.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            EEUFM1A102()
            if it's 10mm wide.
            Thank you!

Comment

10x16 or smaller height
              Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
              ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

I ordered some EEUFM1A102 from Digikey and soldiered them on yesterday. TV is back up an running perfectly.

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Nice to see another success story!
                  Presonus Audiobox USB, Schiit Magni 3, Sony MDR-V700

Comment

Working...
                  X