Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43-C1 1 long blink 16 short

Hi all -
    I have been playing around with TV repair for a while now but computer repair is my 20 year thing. Regardless. Voltage measurements and things relative to that I am just starting to learn, very rookie. My victim is the M43-C1 as shown above with it's blink code. Original complaint was only half screen so I want with a roll of the dice and bought a control board, no dice. Today I was experimenting with checking voltages and trying to educate myself slowly. I had given up on the power board as I thought I had understood the voltages and the checked out. So I watched a video and tried some other checks. Touching one pin lit up every single LED completely by accident. I will post pictures below. I think I have it now narrowed down to the driver board or the main, but I will listen. I have worked on several of these Visio's and the main has burned out in them, but as I have said, I am learning.
    TIA

Re: M43-C1 1 long blink 16 short

Pictures for the thread.
    Attached Files

Comment

This TV doesnt have blink codes. Likely a bad main board. I have purchased used ones with the same failure.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76708
      Last edited by neilc6; 10-16-2020, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I'm still interest to know why when I touched my fluke on the pin on the main I have in the picture below I lit up every LED and how that rules out the driver board.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
          This TV doesnt have blink codes. Likely a bad main board. I have purchased used ones with the same failure.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76708
          Update:

I sent this main board out for repair. The TV now will now power up the backlights with the power button every time but no display (Visio icon or image on boot) and I still get a blinking power light.

Comment

if the main board was sent out for repair, then the repair company must have confirmed the issue prior to performing repairs and confirmed the failure to be resolved post repair is that correct?
            If that is the case, then your board should be fully functional unless 1 of three things happend.
            1) The LVDS ribbon connecting the main board to the T-con is not seated properly.
            2) The main board is still defective.
            3) Extremely unlikely but your screen or T-con is bad. I honestly wouldn't even consider this option unless you think you accidentaly damaged them.

Comment

To put closure to this thread. The main board was repaired and that was the initial problem. When I had it returned to me I did not seat it properly (as stated above) which is why it would not come up. I pulled it from both the inverter and the main, reseated and voila all was well.

Comment

Working...
              X