Asus Vivobook S200E (x202e) rev 2.0 schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus Vivobook S200E (x202e) rev 2.0 schematic

Hi! I need a schematic for the Asus S200E rev 2.0. I searched a several forums, but no luck. Is there anyone who have it? Thx in advance!

Re: Asus Vivobook S200E (x202e) rev 2.0

Only ASUS X202E REV 2.0 - boardview
    http://**************/load/noutbuki/platforma_asus/asus_x202e_rev_2_0_boardview/313-1-0-34327

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,
        i have a problem with this notebook. Simply no power, no LED, no POST. I have checked the power adapter and it's ok. I have checked the internal power connector and it's ok (i can measure 19v on the pad near the connector).
        Anyone have some ideas?
        Best regards,
        Daniele

Comment

Hi, i have notice that the problem is the recharging circuit. If I recharge the battery with another laptop and I use the charged battery with laptop it work perfectly. The strange thing is that the recharging led is on and Windows tells me the battery is charging, but really it doesn't charge (the percent go down).
          An idea?

Comment

I need this one as well. Registered on the forum but you have to pass the test (how clever), in order to get access. Since I lack an electrical engineering knowledge, it's not so easy. Can someone please upload this somewhere?

Thx in advance!

Comment

found this link: http://www.4shared.com/get/KX882MHvc...L0-MB8010.html

Comment

Hi,

Can anyone help?

I have my relative's Asus S200E which has spent most of it's life in a house in Rhodes (Greece) and on their last trip there the laptop wouldn't turn on properly, it was intermittent and it seems like an amount of time had to elapse before it would turn on.

I have googled to find schematics and boardviews - I have found some schematic that is supposed to be very similar if not the same as this board and I also found a Vietnamese website which had lots of images of the motherboard then some paid info in a Zip.

One of those images was referring to what voltages you should see where on some of the board components near connector J4601 (VGA-LCD connector).
                After locating the spot on the board (see x202e_boardview_corrosion_indication.png) which is under the foam strip, I noticed corrosion on the third and fourth resistors.
                I originally thought this is corrosion from salty sea air and from it being stored in the house for prolonged periods of time unused and the house being unlived in the temperature fluctuations and salt could have corroded the resistor. If this is something else I'd be interested to know if it is a symptom of death or the cause of it.

The fourth resistor has dropped off while probing and I've yet to clean the area with rubbing alcohol to see if there is any pad damage and see if I can replace the component back onto the board with a fine tipped iron...it's absolutely tiny! Would I be right in assuming it's a 0201 package? Is it possible to hand solder that small? I think using air would be risky as I'd likely blow other components off their pads.

Could someone advise me of replacement resistors I could get to try and replace resistors 3 and 4 in that line of 6?

I'm trying not to just replace the board as I can only get a used on in the UK and I'd need to speak to the seller to make sure it's the same specification since the CPU is solder on. I don't fancy importing from the US with high shipping prices and unknown import duty costs.

According to the image I found to probe for voltages resistor 4 (black) should be 5v.
                Resistor 3 is still on the board and I presume to be fine if I clean with alcohol to inspect better.

Edit: Resistor 4 (currently off the board) measures 0.25Mohm, does anyone know if that is still in specification?

Attached Files
                Last edited by Shotgun25; 01-03-2017, 04:32 AM.

Comment

I believe the value of resistor still good. 0.25MOhm=250KOhm. From your pic (the 3rd), you got right voltages on both coils, so block DC/DC regulator 3V and 5V has working fine.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for confirming the resistor should be fine.

That third pic is from a forum on the web, not what I currently have without the resistor soldered.

I might get some time when I've had some sleep and done the morning routine to have a clean up and solder attempt.

Hope it doesn't attach itself to my soldering iron tip and fry...

Does it look like corrosion or does it look like something died or something spilled/entered through the vents? The fact it is under the foam means if it's moisture, it's held it against the resistor as there is a small white stain on the adhesive side.

I'll get the proper camera out when I work on it later and see if I can get us some better shots to assess. Maybe I'll have some good soldering fun and it will just play nice and go on first time...:S

Comment

You can use 2 pieces soldering iron + good amount some flux to solder onto board, even more faster than hot air station. Just do like as spoon and fork. The only thing you've must be concern is not to damage the pads of resistor due corroded.
                      Good luck

Comment

I still haven't attempted this as the part is so small.

What do you mean "Just do like as spoon and fork"?

I don't have micro-soldering tweezers and my air station is an el-cheapo that I got from ebay when I was less informed.

Comment

Just an update on this.

The pad nearest to the square chip (closest to the battery, not LVDS) is gone, probably when the part went. I have scraped a bit of the mask from the trace and tinned it in preparation for the part.

I attempted this under my new Amscope microscope on Saturday and as I feared would happen the tiny part stuck to my soldering iron tip so I had to quickly wipe it off in the brass braid so I didn't overheat it - thus it will take days to find if it made it into the braid.

Is this a common value 250KOhm? I have a lot of graphics cards and motherboards I could search to find one of the same size and resistance rating. Should I be checking for anything else while I'm searching for a replacement part?

I've ordered some 34AWG and 40AWG enameled wire so I can bridge any gaps between the trace and where the pad was when I find a suitable resistor for attempt #2.

Will the following be a suitable replacement?
                          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-X-VISHA...UAAOxyM89Sa719
                          Last edited by Shotgun25; 02-27-2017, 04:54 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

I'm guessing the exact resistance is important since it is a 1% tolerance part.
                            Only reason I ask is that I have a 0.236MOhm resistor on a dead hard drive board that I could try if it doesn't have to be precise and be 0.249MOhm as listed on your boardview?
                            I've found a 0.246MOhm (246000K) resistor on a different dead hard drive board. I'm pretty sure that it is adequate as it is at the low 1% tolerance point of 249000 Ohm - 2490 Ohm = 246510 Ohm. My meter is only a Uni-T UT60C so I don't have many digits to confirm accuracy down to 246510, only 246000.

Please advise
                            Last edited by Shotgun25; 02-27-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

That 0.246MOhm resistor decided to jump off my desk before I could get the board into place to put it on
                              Back to searching unless a 0.236MOhm will do?

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun25 View Post
                                I still haven't attempted this as the part is so small.

What do you mean "Just do like as spoon and fork"?

I don't have micro-soldering tweezers and my air station is an el-cheapo that I got from ebay when I was less informed.
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwqamcj78i...0fork.mp4?dl=0

Comment

Hi Meritosari!

Thanks for the video, it shows what I thought you were talking about, but confirmation is nice - "measure twice, cut once".

I succeeded in repairing this machine but as mentioned above, I lost the original in my brass braid wiping it from my soldering iron tip when it stuck to it.

I found another on a hard drive PCB and that went full lemming on me.

Before you posted your video I found a slightly larger sized (0402?) resistor with 244 printed on it from an old modem and that happened to be the right size to easily bridge the gap between the only remain pad and the trace I scraped to solder to.

It works perfectly every time I've pressed it and the machine functions normally otherwise, so thanks for the board view info and the pointers on technique. Your info and Louis Rossmann's videos have inspired me to get a nice microscope (which I used to fix this) and I have succeeded eventually which will probably mean I'll be gradually more active in the forum.

Close up images from the tri-nocular microscope cam, although a little out of focus and over exposed because I had the light up full.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by Shotgun25; 03-02-2017, 08:12 AM. Reason: Added images

Comment

asus x202e schematic needed. NO INTERNAL DISPLAY.

I have this mb. the external display is ok but there is no internal display. can anyone have that schematic?

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

Thanks you

Comment

Working...
                                        X