Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo Carbon X1 12298-2 LMQ-1 48.4LY06 Boardview/Schem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinkpad Carbon X1, LMQ-1 MB 12298-2

Give it...i will check, hope it may be helpful...

Comment

Hi,
      Could you please send me too,
      Thinkpad Carbon X1, LMQ-1 MB 12298-2 schematic,

Than kyou.

Comment

Originally posted by pratyush View Post
        Give it...i will check, hope it may be helpful...
        here you go:
        Attached Files

Comment

It is totally different...btw Thnx for sharing

Comment

I have thinkpad T430 schematic whose LVDS section is almost same...
            I got 2 burned fuse f3 and f7 changed it bt condition is same...

Comment

What problem have u facing in your case..

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow2719 View Post
                here you go:
                thank

Comment

Re: Lenovo Carbon X1 12298-2 LMQ-1 48.4LY06 Boardview/Schem?

i have managed to solve part of the mistery.
                  in my case as a result of the initial defect(still unknown) the bios chip is bad; you canot detect it you just replace it and you put a known good chip; no not a bought one; use one from a donor board but i repeat; you have to be sure it is good(best way, test it on a functional laptop)
                  You read the contents of the original chip, do a clean ME on the dump and write it on the good chip.
                  Now the laptop should start up, and enter bios, problem is that only now you can see the initial problem that caused the bios chip to go bad: after you exit bios the laptop will go into a restart loop like many of you describe.

You cut power; leave it for 2 minutes and the laptop again powers on and the problem repeats; after you exit bios; it will restart over and over

Comment

Did anyone find where to buy or download motherboard schematic ?

Comment

Originally posted by psicoman View Post
                      Did anyone find where to buy or download motherboard schematic ?
                      Its against forum rules to post links to paid sites. Simply Google ''laptop schematics'' and you will hit many within the first page. However keep in mind that those sites can only sell schematic which are leaked from company. Some schematic like the LMQ-1 in this thread are not yet leaked and hence not available - even if you are willing to pay. In future, may be available - only time can tell.

Comment

Apparently schematics for this board is finally available on some paid websites. But as it seems the widespread issue on this board is CPU related, it may not be that useful in the end…
                        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Forgot about this one… here it is.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                            Thanx alot buddy

Comment

Hi to everyone, I'm sorry to revive an old thread but I wanted to thank piernov for the schematic!
                              I'm currently working on a Mystique-2 LMQ-2 13268-1 board which is very similar to Mystique-1 LMQ-1 12298-2 .
                              My board gave freezes after windows loading but also in bios section if RAM area was touched/pressed, then I heated U74 area and system started correctly, then I reballed U74 (very delicate work cause of that dam black glue) and now system doesn't startup anymore
                              Not 100% sure about U74 life but I probed every ball to its Vss before soldering and every pin gave compatible measurings in respect to the pin function, so no shorts and no NC ones...
                              I soldered a POST card to J7 pins but it gives only 00 and the reset signal, so it seems that it's a CPU problem (all CPU voltages are up and correct)...
                              I'd like to shift R58 or R1806 (MEMORYID4) to logic 0 so the board will use 4GB instead of 8GB, but I can't find it on the board because not every smd is written on the board.
                              Please anyone, do you have a boardview for this LMQ-2 13268-1 or even LMQ-1 12298-2 board?
                              Last edited by modtool; 03-10-2020, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Absolutely wonderful!
                                  Thank you soooo much @piernov !
                                  Can you confirm that the schematics of 12298-2 are pretty the same as the 13268-1 one?

Comment

They should be very similar, but I don't have those boards so cannot compare. 12298-2 has Haswell CPU and 13268-1 has Broadwell CPU.

Comment

Lenovo X1 Carbon LMQ-1 MB 12298-2 Boardview + MEC DIAGRAM + Schematic

Boardview + MEC DIAGRAM + Schematic

ENJOY

Attached Files
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-05-2020, 01:54 AM.

Comment

tHANKs a lot bro

Comment

I have an e-wasted unit with the exact same issue as the original poster. From what I'm reading here and on YouTube, this appears to be a RAM reflow issue.

I can only speak for myself here, but I almost never see these kind of symptoms happen from a bad bios chip. There seems to be an unusual amount of emphasis on BIOS chips here in general

Youtube video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gRddJV3uya4

Originally posted by Pferd5 View Post
                                          I have bought an non-working X1 which had fan spin but no screen. I tried to reflow the RAM like Rossemann does (with the light touch) but ended up just heating them without the movement or slightly touch.

NOW! IT WORKS!
                                          First real notebook repair!!!
                                          Rossmann is right, what an adrenalin rush! DAMN does this feel good!
                                          LOL welcome to the club! hehe.

. (boardview)
                                          @piernov you are a God and I thank you so much for your wonderful help with schems and brd view!
                                          Last edited by audiomodder; 10-18-2020, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X