Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE50EH5300 - bad picture, helping to diagnose for a friend

Dear BC community,
    I would like to help a friend to diagnose a faulty TV set trough the internet.
    I attach his pictures and a video of the problem. It has 5-10 cm good picture on top, below that point everything is ghosty, seems doubled.
    What he has done so far:
    -Measured voltages (also on T-Con), everything seems fine.
    -Carefully pushed the COF cables, no change.
    -Measured all the components on the buffer board (after T-con, before display), nothing is shorted or bad value

And here comes the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix8e...ature=youtu.be

Pictures:

This is the problem, demonstrated with text.

TV Type

Picture with left T-con cable disconnected

Picture with right T-con cable disconnected

T-con pcb

I would say defective panel, but to be sure, called for your help.
    I haven't told him about the cof ripoff technique yet, will leave it for last resort.
    Attached Files
    Cheers, Janos

Re: Samsung UE50EH5300 - bad picture, helping to diagnose for a friend

Yes. That is a bad panel

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
      Yes. That is a bad panel
      Thank you very much.
      Cheers, Janos

Comment

It's the same i'm trying to repair, check this, my suggestions are the same:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71925
        my it's AUO panel for Hisense.. and yours?
        Last edited by Davi.p; 09-18-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
          It's the same i'm trying to repair, check this, my suggestions are the same:
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71925
          my it's AUO panel for Hisense.. and yours?
          His is AUO too

Comment

Check for dry joints in the panel board after the t-con.

Comment

No dimitrio, no...

Comment

Guys, thank you for your time and effort.
                Next my friend tries to remove the row drivers (if there are any) and we will see.
                DIMITRIO: he already checked for cold joints, corrosion.
                Cheers, Janos

Comment

your pictures don't agree with the words... picture shows left or right disconnected, yet the pictures show the same side white... probably not possible. Re do your test to make sure what you are seeing before going too far with "tab removal".

suggest that you do some checking of the smd devices on the bottom edge boards (ie. capacitors / resistors) as something strange with your pictures.
                  Last edited by budwich; 09-19-2018, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                    your pictures don't agree with the words... picture shows left or right disconnected, yet the pictures show the same side white... probably not possible. Re do your test to make sure what you are seeing before going too far with "tab removal".

suggest that you do some checking of the smd devices on the bottom edge boards (ie. capacitors / resistors) as something strange with your pictures.
                    Yes, I was also skeptic about those 2 pictures, but my friend says he followed my instructions word by word. Told him to redo the test, we will see (or not)
                    By the way, thank you for chiming in.
                    Cheers, Janos

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1537300095

Gate tab bond failure as shown in SONY training manual.
                      Attached Files
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1537300095

Gate tab bond failure as shown in SONY training manual.
                        Thank you budm, I was afraid of that.
                        Cheers, Janos

Comment

Wait probably I was a bit too quick to say bad panel. Could we see pics of the screen with the LEFT T-CON Bd FFC to Panel/Source Bd disconnected and and RIGHT cable connected and another pic with the RIGHT T-CON Bd FFC to Panel/Source Bd disconnected and LEFT cable connected? Of course you would have an input signal connected on AV or HDMI, etc.

Comment

Yes, better pictures are needed, the defect is alreeady said but need to be sure which side has bad gate driver, and tell also if the tcon is at bottom or on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                              Wait probably I was a bit too quick to say bad panel. Could we see pics of the screen with the LEFT T-CON Bd FFC to Panel/Source Bd disconnected and and RIGHT cable connected and another pic with the RIGHT T-CON Bd FFC to Panel/Source Bd disconnected and LEFT cable connected? Of course you would have an input signal connected on AV or HDMI, etc.
                              Yes, better pictures are needed, the defect is alreeady said but need to be sure which side has bad gate driver, and tell also if the tcon is at bottom or on top.
                              Thank you guys, I would love to investigate this further, but my "friend" doesn't respond since yesterday. I can't reach him, and as long as it stays this way, we cannot move forward. Excuse me
                              Cheers, Janos

Comment

Hello everybody.
                                I have an update on the case, but not that we were looking for. My friend gave the set away. But before this, he was able to confirm, this display has no side tabs. Only test he could do is isolating the tcon cables, but he didn't have the time for that. So without end, case closed.
                                Cheers, Janos

Comment

Next time ensure your friend have time and wish before post..

Comment

In the sense that his tv could be still salvaged also without side tabs..

Comment

Next time ensure your friend have time and wish before post..
                                      Don't worry, there will be no next time. I see how much effort was put into this by the people of this forum (once again, thanks to everybody) and still nothing to show up. One thing I learned: never again.
                                      Cheers, Janos

Comment

That is fine by me. If it happens again I will respond to the request. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                        X