Westinghouse WD55UDR101 No Audio from Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westinghouse WD55UDR101 No Audio from Speakers

I think this set comes in many flavours from the usual suspects, RCA, Proscan, other house brands etc. Main/Power board is CV6586H-A50 P/N 34020824.

The set has no audio from the speakers but if I plug in a pair of headphones to the audio out jack I do hear sound fine. Sound is produced by the Texas Instruments TAS5707 class D amplifier ic. I measure 3.3v and 12v at the voltage input pins of the chip.

Does anyone have experience with these chips ? Would this be a somewhat common ocurrence remedied by replacing the ic ?

Pics in following post.

Re: Westinghouse WD55UDR101 No Audio from Speakers

Some pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

Did you try plug and unplug several times the headphone plug? maybe shoot it with some contact cleaner.

Comment

I did plug and remove several times and did not hear anything at all from the speakers not even the faintest noise or level change.

Did not try cleaner but I will inspect the jack itself a little closer.

Comment

The speakers didn't accidentally get set to external? Sometimes a reflow of that sound IC will work.

Comment

I have decided to keep this tv and as such the functioning of the built in speakers is not critical.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

This tv quit altogether just after mounting it to the wall. Of course.

A replacement main board from an RCA tv brought it back to life and fixed the no audio problem as well.

Comment

Working...
              X