Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2010 40 in. LCD Television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2010 40 in. LCD Television

Hi guys i have just been given a Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2010 to repair the main issue is when changing freeview channels the tv turns off and then back on its identical issue in this thread
    so far i have tested all power supply voltages etc and they are all fine
    https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/othe...ff/td-p/259942
    Im guessing its a firmware issue as only happens when using digital freeview and the person i got it from said it was fine on analogue tv but after the digital switch over the problem started so i have been looking for the firmware for this set as sony may of issued a fix but cant find any can anyone help
    EDIT!! i have just seen this thread does this sound like the correct firmware? if so anyone have a idea on how too install it
    https://quuq.org/forum/index.php?top...28877#msg28877
    Attached Files
    Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-20-2020, 09:30 AM.

Re: Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2010 40 in. LCD Television

ist the Digital signal T or C ? i wounder this old set tuner will support the new Digital Mpeg rate !!

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      ist the Digital signal T or C ? i wounder this old set tuner will support the new Digital Mpeg rate !!
      when the set works the digital channels work fine i will upload a picture of the tuner and printing on it
      Attached Files
      Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-20-2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Digital now some kind of Mpeg4.. the old one was MPEG2.
        i saw with hisense TV when the format the tv cant handle it will turn the set in boot loop.

Comment

Digital now some kind of Mpeg4.. the old one was MPEG2.
          i saw with hisense TV when the format the tv cant handle it will turn the set in boot loop.
          did you have a chance too read this link whats your thoughts?
          https://quuq.org/forum/index.php?top...28877#msg28877

Comment

you didn't answer the question.. your digital signal from air or cable ?

Comment

you didn't answer the question.. your digital signal from air or cable ?
              sorry over the air MPEG-4 AVC i think from a quick google its odd as freeview does work but some times you say go up the channels using the remote the screen will go black the relay will click the tv will come back on the channel you was previously watching i have read a few threads it seems a common issue on sony tvs
              Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-20-2020, 10:48 AM.

Comment

i think as i said before.. the tuner cant handle the signal.. and it looks this set came with several chassis and tuner which people like to switch another MB to receive some channel.

you check the firmware you have with the one posted at the link you provided... but be sure firmware not enough if the tuner cant handle the signal.

Comment

i think as i said before.. the tuner cant handle the signal.. and it looks this set came with several chassis and tuner which people like to switch another MB to receive some channel.

you check the firmware you have with the one posted at the link you provided... but be sure firmware not enough if the tuner cant handle the signal.
                  Thanks i may just advise the person too get a separate freeview box as maybe best cheapest option, like you say this is a older tv set now

Comment

Could be a voltage problem somewhere on the mainboard.

Comment

The issue you will find will be with the FEE board. I found that using the epg would trigger the issue very quickly with these range of Sony TV's. The firmware that this software is for the FEE board, not the main board.
                      It can also cause the TV not to power up at all and give you a flash code error (I think 9 standby flash code).
                      The firmware doesn't always upgrade as I have had a few issues with these in the past.

All the information you will find here including the files to resolve:

https://quuq.org/forum/index.php?topic=8523.0

Good luck
                      Last edited by cheeky2; 07-25-2020, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Out of interest what is an FEE board ?
                        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

The FEE board is the board that is physically above the analogue aerial board which contains the memory card reader access port which is behind the CAM slot on these Sony TV's. The access of the sony memory stick (very old memory sticks (don't use a duo one as it will not work!)) is behind a plastic cover on the outside of the TV, adjacent to the CAM slot entrance.
                          See picture of the pcb board.
                          These boards I have used from different size models of TV's from this range and have so far worked correctly when replacing them if the software didn't resolve the issue.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by cheeky2; 07-25-2020, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the information.
                            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by cheeky2 View Post
                              The FEE board is the board that is physically above the analogue aerial board which contains the memory card reader access port which is behind the CAM slot on these Sony TV's. The access of the sony memory stick (very old memory sticks (don't use a duo one as it will not work!)) is behind a plastic cover on the outside of the TV, adjacent to the CAM slot entrance.
                              See picture of the pcb board.
                              These boards I have used from different size models of TV's from this range and have so far worked correctly when replacing them if the software didn't resolve the issue.
                              Hi thank you for the information and the link i actually did order these boards from ebay
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAIN-BOAR...72.m2749.l2649
                              the the set now works fine the ebay advert said mainboard but i was not it was the board i needed so i just swapped them both out and the set now works fine and has already been returned to the customer but if i ever have another set with the same fault i may try the firmware so thanks again.
                              The only other issue i noticed on the set myself was hdmi picture size overscan issue (too large) but no option to alter this in any menu settings the customer said it did not bother them so i left it alone.
                              Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-26-2020, 02:42 AM.

Comment

So it was the FEE board that was the issue?
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-26-2020, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                  So it was the FEE board that was the issue?
                                  yes the board with the card slot on.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                      Thanks.
                                      I actually used this tv as my main tv for two days (soak test) the picture quality is not too great as its only 720p and the overscan issue when using hdmi like my firestick was not to good either as i just could not get the hdmi input size to fit the screen correctly (this is another known issue with this set according too various google posts)

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/othe...i/td-p/2422181

Comment

Not sure if they are similar but I was having picture size problems with firetv on my kdl 46S4100, seems to be ok after going into display and sound on firetv -display-I set video resolution on 720 and calibrate display is set at 3% scale.
                                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-26-2020, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X