Re: Numark NS6 Usb problem

what firmware? you extracted some?

Comment

the firmware that posted Per Hansson

Comment

the chips are not the same.
            for a start your unit does not have an ST32 microcontroller or a DFU mode.
            or an XMOS chip.

final problem, that's a 20k binary and you only have 16k flash space.

Comment

but look what the hell ... I try to ask if they send me an atmega with the firmware inside let's see what happens

Comment

Hello here I am after receiving an answer from numark italia assistance, unfortunately I have no good news, I was denied the purchase of the atmega containing the firmware and also the sending of the firmware to be reloaded, I was offered to buy the card at the price of 190 euros, now I wonder but what the hell do they put an ISP attack on the card if they don't give you the possibility to have the firmware? now I'm at a standstill, if anyone has a solution let me know thanks

Comment

scumbags.
                  i wonder if they know this is out in the open for potential customers to read.

Comment

I wrote them a nice message on FB's wall but I know they will never make it public:
                    Good morning,
                    I have a problem with my ns6 (first edition) I have written several times to the Italian assistance that at the parent company, I need the firmware of this controller because due to a problem it failed to load, I was asked to change the card main for a cost of 190 euros, you call this me assistance service? do i have to spend 190 euros for a problem that i can solve at no cost? I await an answer and the firmware otherwise I will be forced to stop buying your products and as a reseller do not recommend the purchase anymore Thanks

Comment

I finally managed to get the firmware through the Italian assistance, how should I proceed now?

Comment

this is the firmware
                        Attached Files

Comment

that is not the atmel firmware, it's for the main chip.

the atmel firmware will be a BIN or HEX file

Comment

and now how do you do it? what request should I make to numark, I think it will be a bit difficult to explain to him what I need, can you give me a precise indication?

Comment

if they actually know what they are doing then ask for the firmware for the atmel usb controller and include the page from the service manual with the chip reference.
                              better yet, include the page with a big red circle added around the chip!

Comment

this sticker was on the original chip, can it be useful to us?
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by falcontech; 09-02-2020, 06:37 AM.

Comment

send them that picture, tell them it's U7 and you need the binary file to put in it.

Comment

Why mess around with all this. Buy one or two broken units and swap parts till you have it working. By now units can be found for between £40 £150 with questionable performance. Use as parts,keep or sell the rest as spairs. You will probably turn a profit.
                                    I saw a main board, tested, for £75

Comment

Originally posted by izzzzzz6 View Post
                                      Why mess around with all this. Buy one or two broken units and swap parts till you have it working. By now units can be found for between £40 £150 with questionable performance. Use as parts,keep or sell the rest as spairs. You will probably turn a profit.
                                      I saw a main board, tested, for £75
                                      I also thought about this solution, putting up ads looking for a defective drive with other problems, but in Italy it seems that this controller is a ghost, and the only main I found was in Brazil and it cost 200 dollars, if you have found something cheap send me thanks

Comment

Just a few things. Way back you seem to get sidetracked listening to this guy going on about replacing the chip. have you checked that the chip is getting the correct voltages on the pins that supply it? Perhaps you just need to restore voltage.
                                        There are a load of these in France and UK look on leboincoin.fr ebay.rf and ebay.co.uk one guy is selling a main board for £75 but if you bought a complete unit you would have more spares or parts to sell on.
                                        Also you can check facebook marketplace.

Another thing that caught me out was not using a power adapter that was powerful enough, you need a strong 2A power supply.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by izzzzzz6 View Post
                                          Just a few things. Way back you seem to get sidetracked listening to this guy going on about replacing the chip. have you checked that the chip is getting the correct voltages on the pins that supply it? Perhaps you just need to restore voltage.
                                          There are a load of these in France and UK look on leboincoin.fr ebay.rf and ebay.co.uk one guy is selling a main board for £75 but if you bought a complete unit you would have more spares or parts to sell on.
                                          Also you can check facebook marketplace.

Another thing that caught me out was not using a power adapter that was powerful enough, you need a strong 2A power supply.

Good luck.
                                          The original chip was burned out and it was not a power problem, now I will check what you told me, I tried to find a complete unit but I was not lucky, in the meantime thanks if I can not find what you reported maybe I will ask you to send me the link

Comment

Working...
                                          X