• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo G50-30 BIOS dump and fixes?

Hello,
    i'm having an issue with a Lenovo G50-30 that doesn't boots:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88408

in that thread they told me to dump my BIOS for someone to clean the ME, i did it myself with a cleaner but maybe i did something wrong, the MB is still failing the same way.

i'm attaching the BIOS dumps i have, one is the original motherboard that failed, the other is from another motherbaord of the exact same model(that has blown components not related to bios) and that dump with ME cleaned.
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo G50-30 BIOS dump and fixes?

Originally posted by mastsrl View Post
    Hello,
    i'm having an issue with a Lenovo G50-30 that doesn't boots:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88408

in that thread they told me to dump my BIOS for someone to clean the ME, i did it myself with a cleaner but maybe i did something wrong, the MB is still failing the same way.

i'm attaching the BIOS dumps i have, one is the original motherboard that failed, the other is from another motherbaord of the exact same model(that has blown components not related to bios) and that dump with ME cleaned.
    Try..
    bios extracted from the Lenovo site update

DMI 530000-531FFF
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      Try..

DMI 530000-531FFF
      I forgot to mention that i did download the bios from lenovo site, used a converter on the .fd file but didn't try it.

¿what do i do with the DMI region you mentioned?, i notice that in your file(as well as the one i converted) it's empty(save from LENV at the start) but in the dumps it's full of data

¿Do i clean the ME region of the downloaded file as well or just ignore it?

Comment

I forgot to mention that i did download the bios from lenovo site, used a converter on the .fd file but didn't try it.

¿what do i do with the DMI region you mentioned?, i notice that in your file(as well as the one i converted) it's empty(save from LENV at the start) but in the dumps it's full of data

¿Do i clean the ME region of the downloaded file as well or just ignore it?
        don't do anything to the bios posted by me .. it's virgin .. it doesn't need to be cleaned anymore .. you just have to pass the DMI information from your bios to my bios ... in the HxD program enter both bios .... tick the region 530000- 531FFF and copy-paste ... you can find videos on the net in this regard..
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

PEste, thanks for the tips, i did what you instructed... and it still fails in the same manner, no differente whatsoever

Comment

PEste, thanks for the tips, i did what you instructed... and it still fails in the same manner, no differente whatsoever
            try..
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
              Try..

DMI 530000-531FFF
              Peste, you are simple the best !

Comment

Hello,
                I'm struggling with Lenovo 50-30.
                Can't get screen on LCD.
                I've ordered new IT chip (preprogrammed) - and didn't help.

I've narrowed problem to BIOS somehow.
                Original BIOS - LCD gets polarized and black, no camera light blink - display only on HDMI or VGA (but when LCD is disconnected).
                Different BIOS - LCD comes with backlight, camera diode blinks, but again - nothing on LCD only backlight. Display on HDMI or VGA (when LCD is disconnected).
                What part of BIOS speaks with LCD to get it properly run?
                Or what else I could try?

Comment

I've also tried many other bios dumps, found on internet - and only 2 results, black LCD or with backlight.
                  Also I've tried to move DMI from original BIOS to one posted here - black screen,
                  and also to the BIOS that enables backlight - nothing has changed,
                  so my conclusion is that DMI doesn't store information for proper LCD run.

Comment

Originally posted by woxy View Post
                    I've also tried many other bios dumps, found on internet - and only 2 results, black LCD or with backlight.
                    Also I've tried to move DMI from original BIOS to one posted here - black screen,
                    and also to the BIOS that enables backlight - nothing has changed,
                    so my conclusion is that DMI doesn't store information for proper LCD run.
                    you have the bios at post#2... if you write it correctly it will work... if there is an image on the external screen, the bios is not the problem... see the LVDS display cable or video chipset... voltages, etc..

Comment

Thanks,
                      I've just was wandering what cause this behaviour.
                      One BIOS - balcklight,
                      Another - no backlight but screen polarization.

Comment

Hello,

Does anyone have an old official version of Bios for this laptop (Lenovo G50-30), the latest version v48 just seems not supporting win7.
                        I get "this version of bios is not fully ACPI complaint" message, the win8.1 works just fine.

thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                        X