Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 15d caps Lock Blinking

Hey guys,
    i'm facing a problem in HP 15d which is no display. when i press power button fan spin but no display and Caps Locks Blinking for 5 times. I programmed Bios but problem is same. Please guys let me know what should i do.
    Thanks all.

Re: HP 15d caps Lock Blinking

Originally posted by sonunigam View Post
    Hey guys,
    i'm facing a problem in HP 15d which is no display. when i press power button fan spin but no display and Caps Locks Blinking for 5 times. I programmed Bios but problem is same. Please guys let me know what should i do.
    Thanks all.
    HP is getting famous with this error although it is there to let you know that there is some fault in your motherboard or your BIOS is unable to communicate with I/O chip.

How did you program your BIOS chip?. Did you use Ch341A via clip adapter?

Write complete model name and Motherboard part number

Comment

Hi probably it will be the processor. I got she same with hp probook 450 g1 and it was the processor or you can try also me region clean of original bios this will also give the 5 caps lock + numlock blinking.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sonunigam View Post
        Hey guys,
        Thanks all.
        Hi, kindly check this out https://support.hp.com/th-en/document/bph07107
        if it can be of help

Comment

Hi there did you fix the laptop?

Regards Steve

Comment

No still stuck now even voltage on cn1001 is missing . Voltage present 19.5 on charger and DC Jack but not in motherboard connector cn1001.i am getting only 1 volt at pin1 of cn1001 connector .
            Last edited by stingerchamp; 11-17-2020, 04:41 AM. Reason: point of no return

Comment

Do you have schematics and boardnumber

Comment

yes same

quanta g35d

board dag35dmbad 0 rev D

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89279
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-17-2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

You got 1 v on connector cn1001. How much resistance to ground do you have on pin 1 to ground. Do you use an original correct wattage hp charger?

Resistance you must measure without power and on scale 200 ohms.

Regards

Steve

Comment

In cold test, 200 ohm test

Pin 1 has out of range resistance no beep
                    Diode zener pd1002 is showing 1.2ohm resistance both sides. It is a uni directional.
                    Cap pc1007 shorted to ground in beep test.beeps

Yes original 150 watt ,19.5 and 7.7 ampere dc
                    Last edited by stingerchamp; 11-17-2020, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Probably is something shorted then one of this components Pc1002 ,pc1004, pq1002, pc1007 or pd1002 . I will start with removing PD1002 and see it shorted

Comment

Lets summarize

In the beginning a month ago

I faced 5 long 3 short blink issue when i joined this forum, laptop was powering on but with no display, tried CMOS reset and Bios flash with ME clean but still no display, at closer look found out that PL6001 is de colored or looks more shinny at edges . It was due to BIOS flash via Ch341A clip adapter which is a dumb thing because Bios chip is 3volt and ch341a was supplying it 5 volts.

long story short PL6001 which is 1.0v deep_sus has 3 caps shorted to ground.on top of that i have VCCSA 2 caps shorted to ground PL4012 and now weird thing happend no volts at cn1001 and neither have 3.3 volt present on bios chip even with power button on. Pd1002 as mentioned above is showing 1.2 ohm resistance on both pads and pc1007 is shorted.

can you confirm in this board i have LDO 3 and LDO 5 supply always or it is suspended at output of 5v/3v rails so i check voltage after rectifying 19v rail

I have some assumptions in my mind but lets hear others thoughts for quick processing
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by stingerchamp; 11-18-2020, 07:09 AM. Reason: added cap short file

Comment

Hi do you have 19V now , please sent the resistance values of all coils to ground at resistor mode 200 ohms.
                          Also resistance values on pu2001 and pu2002.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Which power supply comes up now

Comment

None, totally dead

Comment

Did you remove the diode to see that you have 19V back or the capacitor. Do you use an original hp charger from correct wattage or more.

Comment

Sorry for late reply
                                  Nothing changed and yes original charger
                                  Zener diode is measured 3ohm resistance from both sides .

19,volt is not entering at cn1001. Ad-id is 1 volt

Adapter= 19.5 volt, 7.7 ampere

Comment

Working...
                                  X