Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 4540s immediately turn off

Hi
    i have a hp 4540s and turn on and immediately turn off in miliesecond.
    power jack was a broken, changed and IC charger changed(it burnt).
    power jack for few days was a broken and pin 19volt and signal were nude and laptop work but few movment the system would shut down (According to the client)
    19 volt present.
    5v and 3v stand by present,
    3.3 bios ok.
    5V_AUX_S5 ok
    3D3V_AUX_S5 ok
    KBC power :
    pin 68 : 3.0 volt
    pin 14 : 3.3 v
    pin 39 : 1.4 v
    and pin 33 ic i/o (kbc) is changing between 2.5-3 volt!
    ohm checked inductors:
    pl4601 : 540 ohm
    pl4701 : 443 ohm
    pl4101 : 10 k ohm
    pl4102 : 35k-250k changing sometime 43 kohm constant
    pl4501 : 31 ohm
    pl9201 : 20 ohm
    pl4301 : 23 ohm
    pl4302 : 23ohm
    pl4401 : 32ohm
    pl4801 : 60 ohm

charger pin signal on charger is 18 volt but when i plug power jack in motherboard is measure volt this pin , it is 4.4 volt!
    tnx
    Attached Files

Re: HP 4540s immediately turn off

tested with battery no turn on

Comment

Originally posted by khelane View Post
      tested with battery no turn on
      Just like soren did in youtube video

Test with Bench power supply, measure current drawn by the circuit if voltage drop to 4.4 volts it means current is being drawn in access at some point to compensate for the Power Wattage. maybe the charger pin is bent.
      Last edited by stingerchamp; 11-09-2020, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stingerchamp View Post

Test with Bench power supply, measure current drawn by the circuit if voltage drop to 4.4 volts it means current is being drawn in access at some point to compensate for the Power Wattage. maybe the charger pin is bent.
        Well, tomorrow I will inject voltage into the signal base and announce the result,but how much i inject voltage in signal pin on the board? 18 volt? same 18 volt on central pin in charger?
        central pin not bent and ok
        tnx

Comment

BEGINNERS STUPIDITY!!!

Thats Sorins crap shit repairs teaching. U CANNOT inject 19V without checking high side mosfets.
          Check hiside mosfets, or start with 1V, but u must have strong PSU min 10A
          Last edited by ktmmotocross; 11-11-2020, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
            BEGINNERS STUPIDITY!!!

Thats Sorins crap shit repairs teaching. U CANNOT inject 19V without checking high side mosfets.
            mosfets are ok.
            when i enject voltage in signal pin power jack , i enject 1 volt 2 -3 -5- 6-9 volt 0.01 amp drawing , when i enject 14 or 15 volt D3802 become hot and i out of board and tested it not problem and it is ok but without D3802 i enject voltage not see drawing amp.
            and i try enject 1 volt and more to test motherboard for start , in 1 or 2-4-6-7-8 and 10 volt not OCP_A_IN voltage but when i enject 14 or 15 volt i see 5 volt on OCP_A_IN .
            motherboard automatically turn on but immediately turn off for 3 or 4 time .!

in last VOLTAGE_ADC is 1.4 volt? no problem?
            \
            Last edited by khelane; 11-12-2020, 03:34 AM.

Comment

BEGINNERS STUPIDITY!!!

did i mention inject 19v ??
              No

Comment

mosfets are ok.
                when i enject voltage in signal pin power jack , i enject 1 volt 2 -3 -5- 6-9 volt 0.01 amp drawing , when i enject 14 or 15 volt D3802 become hot and i out of board and tested it not problem and it is ok but without D3802 i enject voltage not see drawing amp.
                and i try enject 1 volt and more to test motherboard for start , in 1 or 2-4-6-7-8 and 10 volt not OCP_A_IN voltage but when i enject 14 or 15 volt i see 5 volt on OCP_A_IN .
                motherboard automatically turn on but immediately turn off for 3 or 4 time .!

in last VOLTAGE_ADC is 1.4 volt? no problem?
                \
                You dont give voltage like this, it is dangerous.

If you want to give voltage to motherboard that is always via DC jack it does not matter you use PSU or your original charger, The benefit of using PSU it also tells you about the current drawn by the motherboard when you plug in adapter port in DC jack.(To give DC 19 volts supply to motherboard)

First Two mosfets are for switching of supply to the motherboard in certain conditions , if there is a short circuit in motherboard , 2nd Mosfet will not let current pass through it and vice versa. I will not go in detail as i am also in learning phase.

As the senior member guided you check for short in motherboard
                Last edited by stingerchamp; 11-12-2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

did i mention inject 19v ??
                  No
                  No . But u mentioned Sorin and he is well known for this beginners faults

D3802 is not just normal diode
                  Last edited by ktmmotocross; 11-13-2020, 05:22 AM.

Comment

You dont give voltage like this, it is dangerous.

If you want to give voltage to motherboard that is always via DC jack it does not matter you use PSU or your original charger, The benefit of using PSU it also tells you about the current drawn by the motherboard when you plug in adapter port in DC jack.(To give DC 19 volts supply to motherboard)

First Two mosfets are for switching of supply to the motherboard in certain conditions , if there is a short circuit in motherboard , 2nd Mosfet will not let current pass through it and vice versa. I will not go in detail as i am also in learning phase.

As the senior member guided you check for short in motherboard
                    first i enject 19 v on ad+ and no drwing current and before enject test ohm, no problem .
                    so i remove PR4001 and check ohm two side and no short but i enject DCBATOUT no drawing current and no problem .
                    but i enject 1-8 and 10 volt signal pin on power jack , drawing 0.01 current and D3802 become hot , remove it and try to enject voltage this time no drawing current and current was a 0.0 ....
                    but i plug charger and i see VOLTAGE_ADC (1.4volt?!)

Comment

first i enject 19 v on ad+ and no drwing current and before enject test ohm, no problem .
                      so i remove PR4001 and check ohm two side and no short but i enject DCBATOUT no drawing current and no problem .
                      but i enject 1-8 and 10 volt signal pin on power jack , drawing 0.01 current and D3802 become hot , remove it and try to enject voltage this time no drawing current and current was a 0.0 ....
                      but i plug charger and i see VOLTAGE_ADC (1.4volt?!)
                      if all rails are present and you are getting volt as mentioned above but not using this charger but do not plug the cable in connector, correct me if i am wrong

either DC jack cable which leads to the pins( connector) is faulty or your charger . check with multimeter volts on each pin of DC jack connector

This connector must be 10 pins visible , it depends

Note: For your safety if you do not understand anything please post here we will make sure it gets resolved

+19Volts must reach first connector of your motherboard

How did you check your +19Volt is coming at the first time as you mentioned in your first post, did you use another adaptor??
                      Last edited by stingerchamp; 11-14-2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

BEGINNERS STUPIDITY!!!

Dc power supply is very important in repair job, it will give a clue on what's happening in the mobo.

Comment

I used two chargers. One of the chargers belonged to the 4520 device, which both turned on and charged the device.
                          Now I have 19 volts in the whole range
                          I have 5 volts standby and 3 volts.
                          But as soon as the system starts, the system shuts down, only one thing is on my mind. VOLTAGE_ADC Why 1.4 volts? Is that enough?
                          To ensure an original charger, I get stuck and do the test

Comment

I tested the device again with a original charger and the device turned off immediately. While the charger is healthy, but I have a 2.7 volt power jack signal pin with this charger ..
                            I have a 16 volt socket on my socket charger .

Comment

I tested the device again with a original charger and the device turned off immediately. While the charger is healthy, but I have a 2.7 volt power jack signal pin with this charger ..
                              I have a 16 volt socket on my socket charger .
                              I just got a laptop at which i am getting 1 volt at the connector pin, charger power adapter is giving 19 volt when checked but when plug in laptop it is getting 1 volt at the CN1001 connector thats strange and AD_ID i am getting only 1 volt, will check again

In your case this can be due to Charging IC is triggering off laptop signal via CMSRC line , i did not check the schematic yet but if it is Quanta than yes CMSRC line resistor value (resistance value) is increased which is causing the laptop to shut off.

charging IC turning on 19 volt rail till ACDRV for mili seconds and turning off via CMSRC signal which is getting high resistance

Do you get constant light on charging port when laptop turns off. or charging light vanishes?

Comment

The system shuts down immediately. The LED power also turns off and fades quickly

Comment

The system shuts down immediately. The LED power also turns off and fades quickly
                                  What voltage value written on original charger is your input voltage.

Measure AC press and voltage on ic giving output signal AC president.
                                  Measure volt at each pin of charging ic.
                                  Measure resistance value of cmsrc resistor and acdrv it should not be out of range
                                  Voltage_adc is low.change d3802

Comment

What voltage value written on original charger is your input voltage.

Measure volt at each pin of charging ic.
                                    Measure resistance value of cmsrc resistor and acdrv it should not be out of range
                                    Voltage_adc is low.change d3802
                                    Code:
                                    whick pin? can you more explain.
                                    voltage IC pins:
                                    1: 18.87 v
                                    2: 18.87 v
                                    3: 0 v
                                    4: 0 v
                                    5: 3.3 v
                                    6: 2.6 v
                                    7: 0 v
                                    8: 0.6 v
                                    9: 1.5-2.3 changed
                                    10: 3.3 v
                                    11: 0 v
                                    12: 1.7 v
                                    13: 1.7 v
                                    14: 0 v
                                    15: 0 v
                                    16: 5.98 v
                                    17: 5.98 v
                                    18: 1.7 v
                                    19: 1.7 v
                                    20: 18 v
                                    =============================
                                    PR4001 : 19V

============================
                                    pin 3 ic charger to gnd is 13ohm
                                    and P4004 : 4K ohm
                                    PD4004 in out board ok

Comment

Code:
                                      whick pin? can you more explain.
                                      voltage IC pins:
                                      1: 18.87 v
                                      2: 18.87 v
                                      3: 0 v
                                      4: 0 v
                                      5: 3.3 v
                                      6: 2.6 v
                                      7: 0 v
                                      8: 0.6 v
                                      9: 1.5-2.3 changed
                                      10: 3.3 v
                                      11: 0 v
                                      12: 1.7 v
                                      13: 1.7 v
                                      14: 0 v
                                      15: 0 v
                                      16: 5.98 v
                                      17: 5.98 v
                                      18: 1.7 v
                                      19: 1.7 v
                                      20: 18 v
                                      =============================
                                      PR4001 : 19V

============================
                                      pin 3 ic charger to gnd is 13ohm
                                      and P4004 : 4K ohm
                                      PD4004 in out board ok
                                      Hi

here you have a problem because ACDRV and CMSRC lines have 0 volts but you are measuring 19 volts at Current limiting resistor Pr4001.

charging IC PU4004 : It is there to provide 19v rail to the motherboard and to control charging in accurate manner ( correct current at the output)

Charging IC is also controlling gate of one mosfet Pu4002 of the two mosfets PU4001 which is p type and PU4002 which is N type, both are enhancement mode mosfets.

At Pu4002 mosfet gate we have ACDRV which is a signal coming from charging IC Pu4004 which should be high to switch on the mosfet. If you are measuring 0 volt at pin4 of the charging IC how did you get 19v at ACN.

check again,your charging ic is working properly

it is generating 6 volts are REGN pin which is LDO. and voltage divider at AC det signal is giving output of 2.6 volts correct, but your pu4002 mosfet gate voltage is absent and CMSRC line voltage is also absent and still you are getting ACN pin 1- 18.87 volt and ACP pin 2- 18.87

3: 0 v --> CMSRC
                                      4: 0 v----> ACDRV
                                      5: 3.3 v----> ACPRES
                                      6: 2.6 v--- AC detect signal

check below for confirming pu4002 is working or faulty

Pu4002 gate voltage and drain voltage pin 5,6

I suspect your Pu4002 mosfet is leaking voltage from source to drain even if your gate is not opening.
                                      check PU4002 mosfet in diode mode without adapter power.

Comment

I checked the charger again:
                                        1: 19.01
                                        2: 19.01
                                        3: 0
                                        4: 0
                                        5: 3.2
                                        6: 2.6
                                        7: 0
                                        8: 3.2
                                        9: 3.2
                                        10: 3.2
                                        11: 0
                                        12: 1.6
                                        13: 1.6
                                        14: 0
                                        16: 5.98
                                        17: 5.98
                                        18: 1.7
                                        19: 1.7
                                        20:20
                                        I moved the probes several times and achieved the above results.
                                        CMSRC 3-pin pin is 13 ohm gnd, I also tested the resistance of base 3 diode, there was no problem.
                                        I tested pu4002 inside the circuit
                                        Drain and source were both 19 volts but the gate base was 0 volts.
                                        I tested the pu4002 on the diode. There was no problem. I also tested it outside the circuit. There was no problem.

I removed the charger IC and reinstalled it, it was the same again.
                                        I wonder why I have voltage in this pu4002 when I do not have voltage on the base of pu4002 gate !!
                                        Thanks
                                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-22-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X