Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright, what the HELL is going on here?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alright, what the HELL is going on here?!

Yup. Because they don't tell you in the files which to run and the order.

WRT54GS v.6 - s/n: CGN91F85....

I've got it back out of the trash. Built the JTAG adapter. Ran 2 different utilities. Looks like they rewrote the flash, took 8 minutes or so each time, but it still does nothing but flash the power light continuously.

??

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
    you bricked it?
    most are easy to recover.go fish it out of the bin.
    worst case you reflash with jtag.i have gotten a few pre bricked where the caps were bad and an idiot tried to flash it while unstable.
    Last edited by Toasty; 01-19-2011, 01:52 AM.
    veritas odium parit

Comment

i use a cheap pocketknife and a small hammer.
      crack it at the seam.reasemble with ca and zip kicker.
      Originally posted by weirdlookinguy View Post
      I was able to successfully load DD-WRT on the E2000. v24-sp2. It's been a week so far and she is ROCK SOLID now! Looks like the original Cisco firmware was crap.

I am going to recap the E2000 when I get a chance.

Can anybody tell me how to get those power bricks open without marring the case?

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
        i use a cheap pocketknife and a small hammer.
        crack it at the seam.reasemble with ca and zip kicker.
        Whoops, sorry got the 2 "brick" messages mixed up.

My bad! Time for bed!
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by weirdlookinguy View Post
          Can anybody tell me how to get those power bricks open without marring the case?
          I freeze them. Makes the glue very brittle. Then hit it with a small hammer. If that doesn't work...back in the freezer for awhile, then wrap it in a towel and stick it in a vice until the glue joint breaks... It's not quite as brute force as it sounds, I'm fairly gentle.

Putting them back together looking nice is another story, and one I haven't quite figured out yet.

Comment

Working...
          X