Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No temporary override function for parental controls on router?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No temporary override function for parental controls on router?

Some routers have parental controls, but none seem to have a temporary override function for a particular website (why can't they implement this function?), but they have an "always override" list.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: No temporary override function for parental controls on router?

Probably because they have little memory, it would involve extra processing and because in order to do the "temporary" part they would have to add an accurate time source inside with backup power (if you want the site to be allowed for an hour, the router would have to keep time even if there are power failures and so on)

I guess you could do it with some custom firmware..

Comment

Netgear has good built in parental controls (powered by OpenDNS) but to bypass it you have to have a certain piece of software installed on the compiter...

Comment

i need a router to do that it wold need a clock system but a battery?
        Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
        X