A dream I had...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A dream I had...

...about me warning a client to keep her wireless access point in a physically secure area (it was in an "open" office), because it had security information printed on it (including the Wi-Fi Protected Setup PIN number) , not to mention that someone could come and press the button for this function and connect.

As I said elsewhere, the biggest giveaway with any wireless network was the security information (including the Wi-Fi Protected Setup PIN number) printed on the unit, along with the same PIN number in the setup menus - apparently none of the ISP-issued wireless routers have a lock enabled on the configuration settings, even though they have wireless security enabled, and the passphrase is often a poor choice, which is often a 10 or 8 digit numeric or hexadecimal number that is easy to brute force .
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.
Working...
X