Sony XBR-52HX909 No Power -Red LED blinks 5 times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony XBR-52HX909 No Power -Red LED blinks 5 times

Have a XBR-52HX909. Will power on for a few seconds then shut itself off. White Sony LED logo will come on at bottom of tv. Click then off. Will blink 5 times on front Red Led then stop for a minute then blink 5 times again.

No Menu will come up ( No OSD). Nothing when switching inputs.
    Screen looks like it doesn't even start up.

Have tried leaving unplugged overnight. Does the same thing next morning.

Did visual inspection on power board ( Sony 1-474-239-11 G6 ) couldn't see any problems.

Cant find service manual for the unit. Spend all morning googling different #'s and phrases but haven't turned up any ideas on the cause. Thought I would ask if anyone knew the problem off the bat or what the 5 blinking LED's meant.

Really hoping I can fix it.

Appreciate any advice.

Re: Sony XBR-52HX909 No Power -Red LED blinks 5 times

In a dark room, does the screen appear to glow, or flicker when first powered up?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Completely Black. Not a hint of Flicker.
      Thinking it might be the inverter board. (RUNTK4332TP)

Have to dig out the meter and take some measurements.

Comment

Pic of Powerboard:

Comment

Please avoid adding pictures to posts in line, instead use the manage attachments feature in future.
          I need a picture of the chassis to determine what design this uses (24V or high voltage inverter.)
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

This TV uses LED backlights, still cannot find the error codes for this TV yet, still researching. Try disconnected the CN6752 which feeds the LED backlights assemblies and see what happen.
            Please take the DC voltage readings on CN6151, CN6152 also.
            Never stop learning
            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Check the T_CON fuse... five flashes is a t-com problem.
              Last edited by splitcrete; 01-21-2013, 06:57 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Disconnected the CN6752 and got the same pwr on for a bit then shuts off with the 5 red blinks. Unplugged the CN6151 and got the same thing.

Took readings on the CN6161 and got:
                pins 1-3 = 12v
                Pins 4,5 & 6 = 3.4v

On the CN6152
                pin:
                11 = 3.3
                10 = 12.6
                9 = 12.5
                8 = 12.5
                7 = -1.5
                6 = -1.5
                5 = 3.8
                4 = 16.6
                3 = 3.3
                2 = 3.3
                1 = 3.3

So guessing there is something off with the t-com?

Going to check the fuse on the t-con board. Will post back with results.

Last edited by DigitalStone; 01-21-2013, 08:54 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

Count 5 fuses labeled SOC72v T 3. (White)
                  Didint see anything labeled F1. only 2 had an f ( F1000 and F1001 )

All give readings that they are still good. Unless I missed one... Bit new at this. These things are Sooooo. Tiny.

Link to a zoomable pic. T-CON

Cannot see any sign of damage to the board. No burning or smelling burnt.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I soldered a fine piece of wire on top of my fuses and my screen came right on and blinking light stopped. I shut it down and got two new fuses and soldered them on. TV works great now. We had a transformer in the neighborhood that surged before it burned out.Your pictures are not the best quality to work with. f-1000 & f-1001 are the fuses to check. Dont trust there reading unless at least one end is off circuit board..
                    Last edited by splitcrete; 01-21-2013, 11:37 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Where can I get a suitable fuse replacement? Never ordered a smd fuse from Digikey before.

Comment

Testing it first would be a good idea. Is it actually failed?

Comment

Hi; regarding your power board. Do you have any additional pics with the board assembled with all connections. For example: CN6752 so I can view the cable connection there? Please advise. Thanks and be well.

Comment

Originally posted by newworlds88 View Post
                            Hi; regarding your power board. Do you have any additional pics with the board assembled with all connections. For example: CN6752 so I can view the cable connection there? Please advise. Thanks and be well.
                            Always check date of last post, no post on this thread for 6 1/2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by newworlds88 View Post
                              Maybe we can start where OP left off? I came across this same TV with 5 blinks as well.

Checked t-con board fuses and they are okay. Checked voltages on the PSU and During power on phase before the LED blinks all voltages are normal, except for backlights only shows 1.5v during power on phase, and then it drops to 0v with and without the LED driver board connected.

Did a reflow on the mainboard. Thinking it's a power supply issue. Any other assistance would be grateful!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Test connector from mainboard to powerboard on powerboard side with all boards hooked up, test with tv plugged in but off then hit power, report both conditions here, give pin number, pin description/name and condition both off and when you hit power on. So we can see all the voltages and what they are doing.

Comment

The led board supplies the LED_ON command, if it is not there the VLED_VCC will not be there. There is a fuse on the led driver board (PS7000)
                                  Last edited by R_J; 08-01-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.... here are the results. Seems the t-con isn't receiving voltage.

TV OFF readings

1.STBY3.3 3.342v
                                    2.AC_OFF_DET 3.343
                                    3.POWER_ON 0.002
                                    4.AUDIO12V 0.055
                                    5.AUDIO12V_GND 0.000
                                    6.REG12V_GND 0.000
                                    7.REG12V_GND 0.000
                                    8.REG12V 0.055
                                    9.REG12V 0.055
                                    10. T-CON_VCC_12V 0.055
                                    11.T-Con_ON 0.000

TV ON readings

1.STBY3.3 3.342v
                                    2.AC_OFF_DET 3.343
                                    3.POWER_ON 3.284
                                    4.AUDIO12V 12.68
                                    5.AUDIO12V_GND 0.000
                                    6.REG12V_GND 0.000
                                    7.REG12V_GND 0.000
                                    8.REG12V 12.67
                                    9.REG12V 12.67
                                    10. T-CON_VCC_12V 12.67
                                    11.T-Con_ON 0.000
                                    Last edited by tvfixer007; 08-04-2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                                      The led board supplies the LED_ON command, if it is not there the VLED_VCC will not be there. There is a fuse on the led driver board (PS7000)
                                      I checked the fuse on the LED board meter reads 000.1

Tested voltage across each end of fuse and meter reads 12.68
                                      Last edited by tvfixer007; 08-06-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

OK, just to verify, turn tv on, check tcon fuse, black probe to chassis ground red probe to each side, is there around 12 volts on each side, might be 0? Check it for continuity too.
                                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-07-2019, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X