panasonic TC-P50U50 8 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panasonic TC-P50U50 8 blinks

just picked up this TV tonight. Blinking 8 times. Looked into the SS bored and found shorted Q051. DG302 mosfet. my understanding is there are a few discreet semi conductors on this board that go south along with the shorted MOSFET. I have yet to find any other short circuits on any components. I wonder if I just replace this DG 302. Does anybody know a good substitute. I don't feel like spending 50 bucks on eBay for a repair kit for this board. I have another Panasonic sustain board that uses a few different mosfets. they fall just a tad short of the specifications of this mosfet. anyone with experience on this board could you tell me what else I should look for in the way of other failed components. it appears to be a common failure on this SS board. Thanks
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Re: panasonic TC-P50U50 8 blinks

Nothing like getting it from the source
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
      Nothing like getting it from the source
      Your awesome. Thank you. Surprisingly the components minus the mosfet all test good.

Comment

so only the one shorted igbt on the whole board? on 2010 SS they had 45F128 Toshiba yet to find the datasheets to see the specs but I'm expecting the DG302 is 360V 40A ?

Comment

Yes thats spot on.

Comment

The heat sync handling the dissipation of this high speed switching mosfet and diode is less than adequate for the task at hand. The bottom of the ss board is dark in the area. Bad design in my opinion.

Comment

SO do you have the specs for the DG302? SMD version is 330V 45A, 45F128 is 330V 45A what do you have in the Panasonic junk pile to steal from?

With D041, what are the markings on it ? RF2001T3D?
              Last edited by tw2005; 10-29-2013, 02:53 AM.

Comment

2012 Panny? 1080p? Died already? What a joke Panasonic.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  2012 Panny? 1080p? Died already? What a joke Panasonic.
                  Did you see the arc marks on the panel? I think Norcal highlighted a quality issue with this series where the screws were loose. Do you think poor earthing may have killed this?

Comment

Personally I doubt it. They had that issue with their 2010 & 2011 panels. They've had more than sufficient time to sort it out, if it did cause it, that's poor design. I'm going to hug my PZ80, because it looks like there are no good plasmas made beyond about 2011.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                      Personally I doubt it. They had that issue with their 2010 & 2011 panels. They've had more than sufficient time to sort it out, if it did cause it, that's poor design. I'm going to hug my PZ80, because it looks like there are no good plasmas made beyond about 2011.
                      I totally agree, The PZ although they have PSU issues are the last of that heavy duty look of engineering. Touch wood my 2009 HD has been going well after a SC going out of spec not shorted was replaced june 2012, the 50 full replacement of SC/SD/SU sept 2012.

The 2006 SD I gave to my mate is still going after that simple LVDS reseat and he loves it.

Early days

Comment

Agreed. Oh btw. There are arc marks on every screw lug of the ss board. A shame that panasonic went this route.

I however have a tc-p55ut50 with a busted screen. Looks like its part scavenging time.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                          Did you see the arc marks on the panel? I think Norcal highlighted a quality issue with this series where the screws were loose. Do you think poor earthing may have killed this?

Oh yes top screw was loose.

Comment

Is the 55 SS the same board as the 50? If you only have 1 part to fix this nothing else in the stash. there'd be a good chance of another 55 being picked up since these are failing by the looks of things.

Comment

good call check when I get to work that's for the t_v is

Comment

On a side note thw the pic quality seems to have degraded after th PZ series as well. I put my tc-p55ut50 next to a tc-50pz80u and whe whites are dimmer on the 55 and black level is not great either.

Comment

Personally, I have the 50G20 equivalent 2010. My 2009 HD has better contrast, and i have a 46 PZ800 and it's definitely sharper. The FHD 2010 model is washed out a bit and dimmer, also has better power consumption and that's probably why as i believe they've concentratedd on reducing power consumption, Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

my two cents worth is the less components on each board and the more confined that these TVs have to be lately the worse picture quality. On a side note it appears that the tc-p55ut50 inch uses the same SS board so I already have the board go figure. Oh and the top screw was loose on this one just like my 50 with the shorted SS. Maybe the panel is beind used for some kind of "last resort" heat sync and if the screw loosens the SS cant cool the top mosfets?

Comment

Good evening. I stumbled across this site & thread because I also have a TC-P50U50 with 8 blinks. I'm a copier tech, so I'm not as savvy with TV's as some of you may be. I know 8 blinks can indicate a number of issues. Since I have low experience, I want to just buy & replace the SS Board because it seems like the most likely culprit.

I was wondering if there was any alternate suggestions or if anyone knew of the best place to buy this board. Seems like the only place I can find one is ebay. Thanks for your help!

Comment

that's all I found too. yes this board is failure prone. Looj for thus model ir tc-p55ut50 ss board. Same part number.

Comment

Working...
                                        X