Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: panasonic TC-P50U50 8 blinks

Originally posted by oliku View Post
    Good evening. I stumbled across this site & thread because I also have a TC-P50U50 with 8 blinks. I'm a copier tech, so I'm not as savvy with TV's as some of you may be. I know 8 blinks can indicate a number of issues. Since I have low experience, I want to just buy & replace the SS Board because it seems like the most likely culprit.

I was wondering if there was any alternate suggestions or if anyone knew of the best place to buy this board. Seems like the only place I can find one is ebay. Thanks for your help!
    I dare say it must be such a common issue that there seems to be none around. Your best bet would be to follow the tech bulletin and repair it. Much cheaper and should be easy enough.

Rare not to find SS boards for sale, usually Sc boards are the hard ones.

Hard to believe Panasonic are not pulling their weight and looking after the customer.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
      that's all I found too. yes this board is failure prone. Looj for thus model ir tc-p55ut50 ss board. Same part number.
      Better have a good look at that 55 SS, is UT 3D and U just std FHD? I'm seeing ICs missing from the 55 board. I would not use it unless the component layout is the same.

Both TNPA5623 but no rev for the 55UT50, AB for the 50U50

Comment

oh crap I guess I shoulda looked better before I put the board in the 50 inch last night. But it has been running for about 5 hours nonstop and it looks perfect. Go figure I wonder what the revisions about....
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Ok, well I don't know maybe to do with 3D. I've circled some obvious ones. This is a guess but I wonder if they're the FET driver ICs and one type maybe a heavy duty one. I know that sounds like crap but with out part numbers etc it's a guess.

Good chance some of the capacitors and coils are different . Anyway it works so who cares.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by tw2005; 10-30-2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

That change could simply be due to availability of different components for different runs, looks like the boards would sub fine to me.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have to admit a bad fault of mine. When it comes to replacing boards and I can't repair component-level I um... usually just replace it by partnumber and not sub.. oopsie 9 times outta 10 everything seems to work fine
              Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Hi,
                I just started having similar issue with my panasonic TC-P50U50. I'm getting 8 blinks and i followed a service manual and it led me to believe the ss-board is bad. I have downloaded the repair manual from the forum, all i need now is someone to provide me with a store i may purchase these parts from. All help is highly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                  Nothing like getting it from the source
                  Hi all,

I'm new to forums, could anyone provide me with a good place to purchase the parts from this manual?

Comment

thanks for sharing the bulletin - working on this now...

Comment

Hi all,
                      I am new also; however, looks like this ss board problem is not. Thanks for the post, I am a retired computer tech, mostly support, training and project management. I would swap out parts and change out boards (even swapped out board on a hard drive to save it). Anyway, since I can't find this board anywhere I am going to attempt this repair. I am not afraid of much other than poor skill. I figure worst case scenario is that the non-working board does not get fixed and I have to find a sub somewhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction for parts and supplies.

Comment

I found parts posted in the tech bulletin for this repair at Panasonic Parts website pstc.panasonic and it will cost a fraction of the price for a board or substitute board.

Comment

Hey guys, I found this forum because my just a couple of weeks past warranty TC-P50U50 has developed the 8 blinks of death. Is there a simple way to determine that the SS board is the culprit? I have a limited amount of electronics knowledge, but I can use a VOM. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by spiker View Post
                            Hey guys, I found this forum because my just a couple of weeks past warranty TC-P50U50 has developed the 8 blinks of death. Is there a simple way to determine that the SS board is the culprit? I have a limited amount of electronics knowledge, but I can use a VOM. Thanks in advance.
                            If it were me i'd read the service bulletin and check if the diode and transistor are shorted .

use either resistance or continuity / diode mode with the meter . diode has legs marked A & K, measure between those, with the transistor check between all combinations of 2 legs.

Comment

Ok, ordered the board from these guys at a hefty price (but still cheaper than having a shop do the work). The box has a notice saying there is a core charge. I'll be calling tomorrow to see if I can get some of that coin back.

http://panasonic.factoryoutletstore....FScV7Aod72IAwA

I watched this video on Youtube, which was helpful to learn how each connector is removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSKAmP65sHw

And Voila'....I now have a working Plasma that looks as good as it did before it took a cr@p.

Thank you everyone on the forum for being a help.

If anybody finds out about a class action suit against Panasonic let me know. I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by spiker View Post
                                Ok, ordered the board from these guys at a hefty price (but still cheaper than having a shop do the work). The box has a notice saying there is a core charge. I'll be calling tomorrow to see if I can get some of that coin back.

http://panasonic.factoryoutletstore....FScV7Aod72IAwA

I watched this video on Youtube, which was helpful to learn how each connector is removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSKAmP65sHw

And Voila'....I now have a working Plasma that looks as good as it did before it took a cr@p.

Thank you everyone on the forum for being a help.

If anybody finds out about a class action suit against Panasonic let me know. I'm in.
                                Well it's great your happy the TV is working. If you have anymore issues with failed boards repairing them is always an alternate option especially with a known fault and a repair that only requires 3 or 4 components replaced.

http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/TXNSS1SDUU/

Comment

I know that this is an old thread but I need help in getting the right parts for the same issue.
                                  The bulletin lists DG3D3020CVLW, B0FBCN000005, D0GF5R6JA047 as replacement parts.

I usually order from Digikey or Mouser can anyone get me the cross reference to what I need.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                    Nothing like getting it from the source
                                    Thanks for that link, very helpful. It seems I'm lucky enough and only the IGBT is shorted.

I did some research and there is really no easily available substitute for this IGBT in a TO220 Full-pak with the characteristics it is supposed to have.

Comment

http://www.digikey.com.au/product-de...3TU-ND/2269819

That's what I'd try if I was thinking of trying a different make.

Comment

The guy with the repaired TV called me back and said there is noise coming from the TV. So I opened it up and yes, the solder pads from the screws where black again, so there was sparking.

The two solder pads for the two screws right next to the parts that blow up are already connected via a tiny trace on the board. That means the trace's inductance causes a voltage drop on it. When we tighten the screws the two solder pads are connected via the lower impedance path of the chassis.

Clearly a design failure.

I used dented washers now which should assure a good contact from solder pad to chassis/screw.

When it starts again I think a good way to really solve this is to connect those two solder pads with a thick wire onboard.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi new here and would like to thank you for any help I can get. I have my tc p50u50 with 8 blinks a part. Located ss board and wondered which way to go replacing board or the 3 parts Q16051, D16041 and R16051. Where would I find parts. Any checks I should do. Any help please.

Comment

Working...
                                          X