How to check configuration on a modem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to check configuration on a modem

Manually configure terminal to the serial port you're using. It does not auto-detect.

Comment

One problem i have is the computer can not see modem since i am running windows 7 since latest drivers are for windows vista dont see any for windows 7.

Comment

It is manual configured i seems to be connected just not getting much of a response

Comment

If you are using a USB-serial adapter, then you need to install the drivers for the adapter.

Some Windows versions ship with HyperTerminal. Some people prefer PuTTY. In HyperTerminal you would create a "Direct to COMx" session. Choose 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, hardware handshaking. Select a baud rate of 115200bps to be safe. Some modems can go higher.

Once the port is configured and the modem attached, keep typing "AT <enter>" until you see an "OK" response. This is to allow the modem to autobaud.

For modem identity information type ...

ATI0
          ATI1
          ATI2

... and so on. ISTR that ATI9 may be as high as you can go, but there is no harm in going higher.

AT&F selects the default factory settings.

ATL1M2 will select low speaker volume and speaker always on.

ATH1 takes the phone off-hook. You should hear a dialtone. ATH or ATH0 hangs up.

ATDT12345678 dials phone number 12345678. You could dial your own number and listen for the expected engaged tone.

AT&V1, AT&V2, AT#UG, AT#UD are some of the diagnostic commands that provide information about the last dialup session. Not all modems support all these commands.

Comment

Working...
          X