xfinity xb3 router port forwarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xfinity xb3 router port forwarding

Hey guys so I switched up to this new Xfinity xb3 router although it seems nice and it's replacing my failing Asus 5g all my internet ports or at least my addresses are all 10.0.0. Something. All of this didn't bother me too much I can't figure out how to get into the router to address port forwarding so I can make my Synology DiskStation read in the house for plex Media Server. My Smart TVs are saying that they cannot connect to it anymore. Now does this have something to do with me and static or dynamic? And how the heck do I get into the router to address port forwarding rules? I can't seem to find any information on the IP address to get into the router. And people that say they have have had nothing but problems with port forwarding but I can't seem to find information on how to get in to start.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Re: xfinity xb3 router port forwarding

ping those common numbers.

Comment

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Home-Ne...n/td-p/2145712

btw, if it's a cloud-login i would sell it and fix the asus.

Comment

Cool I'll try these! Thanks!

Comment

I've the XB3 (DPC3939) and it's complete crap. Beware that for port forwarding you WILL need to restart in order to view what you've just done or to fix\disable anything. For whatever reason it likes to quit displaying anything there after a day or so. I ended up shoving the thing into bridgemode and it hasn't given any trouble since.

The address for mine was 192.168.2.1 from the factory. One way to find what yours is running on is to run an ipconfig (or ifconfig) and see what the gateway is set at.

Example:
          Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.ca.comcast.net.
          Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::34b8:610f:361:b95b%16
          IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.101
          Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
          Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1 <-- This would be the address for the modem

Comment

Thanks for the info. Mine seems to be on 10.0.0
            1. Login as admin but I have no idea that.the password is. Tries everything.

You right about it being crap. This things harder to figure out than my wife. Lol
            Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-06-2015, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't check at the moment but I believe there's a sticker on the bottom that'll have a user\password. If not there on the back.

Comment

Thanks again for the help..the sticker that has the login password for the wifi won't do. I'm thinking of calling comcast. This things lame

Comment

Working...
                X