Sony KDL-40W2000 3 LED Blnks Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-40W2000 3 LED Blnks Error

Hi everyone, sorry about the lack of input was away on a course with my work. Anyway if we disregard the OP part "I have attached a pic of connector CN6200 as I took some measurements from it but no voltages were present with the connector seated or unseated." I had been trying to take measurements when error had tripped the supply, This is where I am at the moment with the TV.
    All connection in place and Voltage readings from the CN6200 are present - I can only get these measurements when I apply power and the relay clicks as to try and start the TV up, so I've had to keep doing this to get the readings, when the tv goes into the error mode and as soon as it does I lose all voltages. At one point when measuring the standby voltage I was getting solid 3.3v then it would drop and come back up this was when in error mode.

I have removed the power board and gave it a good visual inspection top and bottom side, no dry solder joints and no cracked / damaged parts or areas of PCB.

I will go through all replies as soon as I can get the time to get the TV opened and measurement took.

Thanks for all the input on this.

S.

Comment

The request is SIMPLE, just measure the standby pin, if it's not as expected unplug cable from power board to mainboard, then measure again, see if it's as expected. You can also unplug everything from powerboard just plug in power cord and see what you have at standby pin, this will be your starting point.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-13-2019, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        There may be a problem with the panel, check if you have +5v on the t-con, Also disconnect the lvds cable between the t-con and the main and see if you get the same error.
        Originally posted by budm View Post
        Service manual:
        https://www.manualslib.com/download/...l-40w2000.html
        Error code 3-blink:
        3 ) UNREG10.5V, PANEL5V Voltage Trouble (DCALERT
        So perform test as RJ suggested.
        Could someone point me in the direction of where to take this measurement, would the fuse on the tcon be ok or is there a specific area to measure I can have my probe on it and power the tv up to see if the voltage might be present just before if trips to error mode. A screen grab of the schematic or component ID would be great thanks guys.

S.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          The request is SIMPLE, just measure the standby pin, if it's not as expected unplug cable from power board to mainboard, then measure again, see if it's as expected. You can also unplug everything from powerboard just plug in power cord and see what you have at standby pin, this will be your starting point.

Thanks for your input nomoresonys I shall give this a go soon as I can.

Comment

Ok, I don't know about every singe one but most powerboards I've messed with when working properly, have a steady as expected standby voltage when testing the board with nothing else connected.

Comment

Hi Standby pin HAS steady 3.3v with PSU to Mainboard cable connected or disconnected. (CN6200)

In your post #8 ...
              So the question is, is the 3.3VSTBY always stay at 3.3V or it drops to 0V with or without having main board connected?
              So keep meter probes on chassis and 3.3V STBY pin and tell us if it is going up and down or not.
              I can confirm the standby voltage stays steady at 3.3v.

That is what I am trying to find out if the 3.3V STBY is dropping in and out or what, OP said he gets 0V on 3.3V STBY then the main board will not have any power to run it to produce error code if 3.3VSTBY is not present. Trying to get the answer from OP.
              "I can't get a reading from the IC as it cuts to the error mode too quick."
              0V on all the pins?
              VSEN cannot be 0V since it is connected to the main filter cap via resistors that has 330VDC in standby.
              VC1 will be 0V if PS-ON is not present, VC1 is generated by the 3.3V STBY AUX winding of the 3.3VSTBY SMPS transformer.
              Did you us chassis GND of HOT SIDE circuit ground which will be the negative leg of the main filter cap in the hot side.
              Measured:
              VSEN pin 1 = confirmed 330vdc
              VC1 pin 8 = 330vdc
              Both measurements taken from hot side after negative leg of the main filter cap for ease of access.

Thanks for your help on and hope these results I have gathered now make more sense.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by StephenU View Post
                Hi Standby pin HAS steady 3.3v with PSU to Mainboard cable connected or disconnected. (CN6200)

Measured:
                VC1 pin 8 = 330vdc
                Both measurements taken from hot side after negative leg of the main filter cap for ease of access.

Thanks for your help on and hope these results I have gathered now make more sense.
                VC1 cannot be 330VDC, the filter cap C6105 connected to pin 8 VC1 is only 50V cap. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...5&d=1565389163
                But right now at least we know that 3.3V power supply is steady.
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

He's using chassis ground not HOT ground to measure the voltage.

Comment

Be VERY CAREFUL when working on the hot side some voltages can be DEADLY, just a warning for those following that my not be aware.

Comment

Originally posted by StephenU View Post

Measured:
                      VC1 pin 8 = 330vdc

According to poster, he used the "negative leg of the main filter cap for ease of access". I have doubt now about the data we are getting.
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

OK, I just dealt with this myself the SONY 3 blink power supply IMMEDIATELY goes into safe mode when the main board is bad. I think he's having issues exactly the same reason I did. the big click then click and 3 blinks, its sending the power supply into safe mode and shutting it down.. when you unplug the power supply from the main board it does NOT turn on anything like most boards.. I was going crazy over this for almost a week..

Comment

VC1 cannot be 330VDC, the filter cap C6105 connected to pin 8 VC1 is only 50V cap. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...5&d=1565389163
                          But right now at least we know that 3.3V power supply is steady.
                          Originally posted by R_J View Post
                          He's using chassis ground not HOT ground to measure the voltage.
                          According to poster, he used the "negative leg of the main filter cap for ease of access". I have doubt now about the data we are getting.

Ok Budm I shall try putting the NEG lead of DMM on the Heatsink of the HOT side and remeasure VC1 pin to clarify this, I took your advice to measure from the area you referred to in previous post as I didnt have access from the top of the board I used the point in my pic to show this. I must have misread this and was taking measurement from the Chassis GND and not the HOT side like R_J quotes above my bad I will try sort this out tonight and update my results. Thanks for your help.
                          I have attached a small illustration to clarify I a going to be taking my measurements from the correct area of the board.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brucetafer View Post
                            OK, I just dealt with this myself the SONY 3 blink power supply IMMEDIATELY goes into safe mode when the main board is bad. I think he's having issues exactly the same reason I did. the big click then click and 3 blinks, its sending the power supply into safe mode and shutting it down.. when you unplug the power supply from the main board it does NOT turn on anything like most boards.. I was going crazy over this for almost a week..
                            Exact issue I am having Brucetafer, was your model the same as the one I have?

Thanks

Comment

Seems like we were thinking mainboard about 25 posts ago, this IS a good example of the (blink code) sometimes known as the (dummy code) being wrong, which I found out on many occasions the hard way, then we were taken on a fantasy journey involving IC6100, so looks like it's the mainboard at fault, hmm that sound familiar: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...0W2000&_sop=15

Comment

diah was right about:
                                "wrong 3 error blink very wide at Sony platform" but then he went down some fantasy trail which led to nowhere.
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-15-2019, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Seems like we were thinking mainboard about 25 posts ago, this IS a good example of the (blink code) sometimes known as the (dummy code) being wrong, which I found out on many occasions the hard way, then we were taken on a fantasy journey involving IC6100, so looks like it's the mainboard at fault, hmm that sound familiar: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...0W2000&_sop=15
                                  diah was right about:
                                  "wrong 3 error blink very wide at Sony platform" but then he went down some fantasy trail which led to nowhere.
                                  Seems like its the main board will get one ordered and see how things go. Thanks for your input nomoresonys.
                                  Do all part numbers of this need to match up or is it the Panel number that would determine this, I see 2 types of panel for this Model LTY400 and LTZ400.

S.

Comment

Usually need to match up the top letter/numbers on the white sticker of your mainboard, what is your panel number?

Comment

Re: Sony KDL-40W2000 3 LED Blinks Error

Usually need to match up the top letter/numbers on the white sticker of your mainboard, what is your panel number?
                                      The Panel is LTY400HS-LH3

Thanks

Comment

Look for A-1196-582-G, on sticker of your board and the replacement board, this is one I see here in U.S.
                                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-15-2019, 06:28 AM.

Comment

This MIGHT work I see the very last letter is different F vs G, don't know how knowledgeable the seller is but you could contact m and ask if they know weather it will work or not, panel number matches: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAIN-BOAR...4AAOSwUv9c0UnY
                                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-15-2019, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X