Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV511 Problem

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78845

I tried above still the same issue turns on fan at full speed but no display already tried the bios of piernov on this thread same result. maybe the PCH is dead
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-19-2019, 08:33 AM.

Re: RV511 need clean me bios

Vcore present??

Comment

grey coil near cpu has 0.89v and caps near cpu has 1.08v

Comment

There should be probably three coils near cpu-2 for vcore and 1 for gfx core. Have you measured all of them??

Comment

the two coil near cpu together has 0v both the other one coil has 0.89v

Comment

So, that does mean you have missing vcore. What's the mb marking? Lets first check schematic avlbl or not. Btw, did you checked fets connected to vcore circuit??

Comment

board id is BA41-01433A. the two grey coil together vcore is beeping all sides to the ground.when i check continuity on the backside for the fets the one fet is beeping it has mark AO6710

Comment

Re: RV511 Problem

Lets keep repairs in the main forum, and bios requests in the bios requests forum please.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

update: i replaced the mosfet 6710 with the same mosfet but still the same issue still no vcore voltages on two grey coils

Comment

Don't randomly replace components or you'll cause more problems. Try to understand why they are not told to turn on.
                    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

i replaced the mosfet with the same value. it seems that this vcore coils are shorted to ground

Comment

Vcore coils has very low resistance to gnd. If its below 005-then it may be shorted. Measure in diode mode with black probe on gnd and red on coils.

Comment

in diode mode balck to ground and red to two coils it measure 002

Comment

Use resistance mode. Sandy Bridge can be 2-3 ohms without problem. Ivy Bridge can show 1.5 ohms and be perfectly fine.

Comment

resistance mode shows 2.2ohms but two coils both sides shorted to ground

Comment

Also this has a removable CPU so you can measure without CPU.

Comment

if i remove the cpu and measured resistance without cpu it shows 1.5ohms

Comment

anyone can help on this

Comment

Working...
                                    X