Samsung PS5A756T1M screen dislodged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PS5A756T1M screen dislodged

Hi guys, I've not seen this before but maybe it is quite common?

I have this Samsung Plasma TV here, it works but somehow the bottom edge of the front bezel had managed to come away from the TV frame and the smoked glass (or is it hard plastic?) screen had slipped downwards by about an inch so you could see the top inch of the plasma screen which had a pale picture.

I've taken the front bezel off and the smoked glass had stuck itself firmly to the sticky tape along the bottom edge so it was quite difficult to pry it off.

Once i did manage to release it from the sticky stuff I have it in the correct positoin but looking at the bezel there are three mounting points for screws on each side plus six along the top but there seems nothing to actually hold the bottom edge of the bezel snug against the framework of the TV other than sticky tape.

How did this happen and how do I stop it happening again? It seems a bit crap if this thing is basically designed to be held together along the bottom edge with tape, as gravity is going to make the screen want to slip downwards.

Do I need some sort of special adhesive tape because this stuff is no longer sticky. There is wide white tape on the front edge and narrow grey tape on the bottom edge
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dicky96; 08-20-2019, 06:01 AM.
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Re: Samsung PS5A756T1M screen dislodged

probably 3M superstrength double sided tape or similar.

Comment

Re: Samsung PS5A756T1M screen dislodged

Thanks. I've used some No Nails type double sided tape and it's all back together but it seems a bit of a bad design to me.
      Follow me on YouTube
      ------------------
      Learn Electronics Repair
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Working...
      X