Cloud CV1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud CV1000

Some one has service manual or circuit for CLoud cv1000 amplifier ?

Thanks in advance

Re: Cloud cv1000

any help pls?

Comment

Were you in any way successful?

I have a cloud cv1000 here that shows no sign of life when powered on.

There seem to be at least two revisions of the cv1000, mine looks like this:

The ?caps? seem pretty wrinkled, but I have no idea about their ratings, so getting a replacement seems futile.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Per Hansson; 03-06-2022, 07:09 AM. Reason: Offsite image uploaded

Comment

Added pic of ?caps?.
        Attached Files

Comment

The power resistor on the soft start board seems to have opened, I'll swap it with a new one and replace the relais next to it.

Comment

Originally posted by daef View Post
            The ?caps? seem pretty wrinkled, but I have no idea about their ratings, so getting a replacement seems futile.
            Their rating will be printed on the sides.
            That said if there really is no printing it can be estimated from the size of the capacitor and referencing the size chart of any capacitor datasheet...
            But you will need to know voltage, that can of course be measured...
            The wrinkles could be completely normal, feel the top and if it is flat they are probably ok.
            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

The tops feel flat, I suspect/hope it's *just* the soft starter. I'm currently ordering the parts (22ohm 10w power resistor + 48v 16a relay) and hope that this fixes it

Comment

Post a picture of the soft start, I'm curious how they implemented it.
                Here is one I designed if it might be of any help:
                https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginn...72/#msg3978872
                "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Sure!

But I've already assembled the amp and put it back in the rack, so I'll make them when I've got the parts and have to remove the starter for soldering anyway (since I've measured the resistor in situ I haven't done so yet).

Comment

I had to look whether I need a 8 or 6 pin relay, so there are pictures of front+back+a merged version for easier reversing hth
                    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Cloud CV1000

Thanks, that's humorously close to the design in my first post on eevblog.
                      Probably with all the caveats I mention in my post at paragraph three there.

So if you want to make it better you can loan some ideas from that thread.
                      But if the datecode on your capacitors (week 45, 1986) is anything to go by it's good enough already!

Comment

I've replaced the power-resistor and the relais. But as soon as I connect the amp to mains and turn it on the power-resistor opens again :'(

Any ideas how to further debug this?

Comment

Check the thread I linked on eevblog, it might have some details for use.
                          I would use an incandescent light bulb in series with the unit.
                          The problem on mine was that at a higher voltage the main filter cap was shorted.
                          If you blow the power resistor it could be something similar...

Comment

Working...
                          X