Evga bf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evga bf

I ordered a refurbished 850w GQ EVGA powersupply from their B Stock website deal was great a $44.99. so I get it and start to install it in my system and realize it has no cpu power cords in it.

I sent a ticket to support and heres what I got, hopefully they come through and sent me the cpu power cable.

Question 8/22/2021 11:36:49 AM

I have just received this power supply and it came with none of the modular cpu power cords so I can't hook it up to my system. It should have came with a CPU1 and CPU2 power cord.

Thanks,

BigTroll

Answer 8/24/2021 1:08:28 PM

HI
    Thank you for contacting EVGA. Please keep in mind that these are refurbished units, so the semi modular units do not come with any cables. As a courtesy we can send one out to you. Please confirm your current shipping address.

Regards,
    EVGA

My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Re: Evga bf

Looks like someone didn't read the fine print somewhere... Glad they sent you one...
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

I haven't gotten the cable yet but no heres a description from the B-Stock site
      B-Stock Products are units which may have small scratches, small dents, or noticeable use. B-Stock products are Factory Recertified to meet the performance and reliability of a new product of the same model. B-Stock products do not come with any optional accessories and only include the accessories required to use the product as listed below.

Included Accessories:
      Motherboard: I/O Shield
      Power Supply: Power Cables
      Graphics Card: No Accessories
      Other Devices: No Accessories

All B-Stock products include a 1 Year Limited Warranty. Warranty Terms
      See how it says accessories required to use the product, I would say a cpu power cable is a required accessory.
      My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Logic would tell me that it is essential....but obviously they didn't....or they realized they goofed and offered to send it...
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

Only the hardcore techs get Seasonic PSU's
          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Ive had good luck with Seasonic, I just wanted a cheap PSU to replace the antec trupower 850 quattro in my 1366 rig. It has powered it great since 2012 but the supply is full of teapos and I don't want to risk it taking out my rig.

Hopefully they will send the cable and I can tell you all it was a great experience. Otherwise I will look to other brands in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTroll View Post
              Ive had good luck with Seasonic
              Honestly, so have I....but that's not to say (out loud atleast) that I've had to recap many of them in order to have good luck with them....
              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
              Team Stats

Comment

It has powered it great since 2012 but the supply is full of teapos and I don't want to risk it taking out my rig.
                Like my 2008 FSP 500W, where there were Teapo and Ost, IIRC. That was the best I could get in 2008. The last time I used it, was in 2016. But still no visibly bad caps at that time. I honestly would trust an eVGA Supernova G3 more, out-of-the-box! I also would take a later Corsair TX series over a 2008 white-label PSU anyday! (out-of-the-box)

Heck, that 2008 FSP with the original caps, would run an Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0 (mid-2010s) with an FX 8350 (my batch was from the mid-2010s) with Prime95 still passing!
                I remember that motherboard, like it was yesterday! I can sort of still detect the fresh-motherboard-smell! Yes, the fresh-motherboard-smell of my August 25, 2015 PC project!

Albeit, I didn't get proper-capacity-RAM until December 26, 2015, LOL. I definitely was rocking in very-late-December of 2015 and the first-quarter-of-2016, when I also was given an eVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti. (Kepler, I believe)
                Before that, my best video card, was an eVGA GeForce GT 640, (Kepler) performs like a predecessor of the GeForce GTX 750 series. It was known for having a major performance jump with an OC!
                Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 08-24-2021, 11:47 PM.
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                  Honestly, so have I....but that's not to say (out loud atleast) that I've had to recap many of them in order to have good luck with them....
                  Recent ones? Prime and Focus?

The X and SS series that are no longer being made were problematic. The S12 is the cheapest version now and it's good. A few people complained of whining sounds but I got one for a customer and it sounded good.

https://images.anandtech.com/doci/14...D_750FX_12.jpg

not always the best series but still, UCC caps
                  Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                  ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                    Recent ones?
                    No...it's been a while since I've dealt with one....
                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                    Team Stats

Comment

Update they did send me one 8 pin cpu power cable, I put the power supply in and its running great, much quieter then the old 80mm fan antec, I'll have to put my kilowatt meter on it as I know it pulled over 500 watt from the wall loaded up gaming this one should hopefully last my x58 a good long while.

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                        Only the hardcore techs get Seasonic PSU's
                        No, hardcore techs buy broken PSUs and fix them. And harder hardcore techs buy only broken Deer PSUs and (try to) fix / make them useful.
                        Everyone else is just nubs.
                        (j/k, of course)

See how it says accessories required to use the product, I would say a cpu power cable is a required accessory.
                        Agreed.
                        Seems like they did goof up indeed. But glad they did send you the necessary cables, in the end.

On that note, this is exactly why I dislike modular PSUs so much. Sure they can make a build seem neater... but do they really? If you look at modern cases nowadays, 99.9% of them come with slot for the PSU on the bottom of the case and not the top. Not only that, but like 90% of them have a metal cover/shroud over the PSU area, hiding all of the cables regardless of how many or few there are. So even when using a non-modular PSU, you can still make a super-clean-looking build. Thus, I challenge PSU manufacturers to actually give us a good reason for still making modular PSUs. It only adds to the overall cost of the PSU. Not to mention that more connectors = higher voltage loss... and also lower reliability. But the absolute worst part about modular PSUs: if you buy a used one, it will almost NEVER come with all of the modular cables.
                        Last edited by momaka; 09-08-2021, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Totally agree with you, its never fun looking for the cables later when you decide to put in a new build and have lost the extras. Maybe its just me but it also seems hard to find higher wattage supplies that are not semi or fully modular in some way.

Comment

Working...
                          X