Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Pixma MG2550S dump BIOS

hi,
    I've here this printer that is "locked" because Ink Absorber waste ink Counter is full so when I power on it give a sequence of 7 blinking orange LED in sequence with green power ON led.
    Reading a lot over Internet it seem that is an "use&trash" model so there isn't a way to reset manually this counter and also seems that it is not possible to enter in Service Mode status to reset with Canon Service Tool utility.
    This is really suck because I cleaned already the printer and bought both new cartridges!!!
    Working around for a while I finally found out the way to enter Service Mode. - start sequence from printer off
    - push resume button and keeping it pressed, push ON button.
    - keeping ON button pressed release resume button so you have:
    green ON LED on - orange error LED off
    - press 4 times resume button that give you this sequence LED pattern:
    1 press: green ON LED off - orange error LED on
    2 press: green ON LED on - orange error LED off
    3 press: green ON LED off - orange error LED on
    4 press: green ON LED on - orange error LED off
    Next the 4th press release both resume and on buttons.
    You will hear print carriage move, power ON led blinking and finally power ON LED solid green on (orange error LED off)

If I connect the printer via USB to PC and next start the Canon Service Utility v.5103 released in 2017 (so I think that its compatible with this printer release in July 2016) this one is recognised as screenshot attached but everything I press it give me error006

I think that the BIOS has a lock / protection that doesn't allow use this software even if printer is recognised.

I attach here the original BIOS file that has been to be dumped so to change the Counter Value(%) of INK absorber from 100 (I suppose its 100) to 0.

On ASCII code there is some reference on 1EAC00.

For further infos I found some examples as this value is written on other Canon printer when with ST you print EEPROM info:

Canon iP3000 >>> D=020.1 Ps=001.0
    Canon MP460 >>> D=008.0 Ps=000.0
    Canon iX5000 >>> D=004.5

I think that this printer has just D (Main) value.
    Attached Files

Re: Canon Pixma MG2550S dump BIOS

Update Update Update!!!

Looking better on the mainboard there are 2 memory IC's.
    One an EEPROM of 2MB where is stored the firmware, this one I've attached on the other post.
    There is also an other EEPROM (24C08) of just on 1K and in this one are stored all infos and settings.
    This EEPROM is not erasable so this could be the reason that if its not possibile to complete hardware reset or overwriting it it with Canon Service Tool.
    Taking it off with programmer even if its still not erasable can be over written.

Next to modify and overwritten this EEPROM leaving the other AS IS, printer stopped to give 7 LED error and works properly.

Comment

24c08 is eraseable - just write 0's or 1's all over it.
      but dont - it will contain other stuff like the serial number - dump it for a close look

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        24c08 is eraseable - just write 0's or 1's all over it.
        but dont - it will contain other stuff like the serial number - dump it for a close look
        ....I've just a small programmer (EZP2010) and this EEPROM is not auto recognized but selecting the model manually it is readable but Erase button is grayed so I supposed it was kinda protected.

Anyway I completely disagree that its not possible to reset waste ink counter as others models.

Comment

it's not protected,

eeproms dont have an "erase" function, you just overwrite them with the new data.
          so for example, fill the buffer with "FF"'s and then write it to the chip.

the 24 series is very old - that's why you cant auto-detect them.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            it's not protected,

eeproms dont have an "erase" function, you just overwrite them with the new data.
            so for example, fill the buffer with "FF"'s and then write it to the chip.

the 24 series is very old - that's why you cant auto-detect them.
            ...so can't really explain myself why Canon Service Tool find printer but give error006 everything I try to do even if printer is in "Service Mode"

Comment

well try to find what 006 means.
              email canon if you have to.

and dump the eeprom - lets see whats in it

Comment

Service tool 5103 not compatible with mg2550s

Comment

Originally posted by joepales View Post
                  Service tool 5103 not compatible with mg2550s
                  se dopo aver premuto 4 volte resume tenete premuto di nuovo resume senza
                  rilasciare il tasto il led arancione lampeggerà, se lo fate lampeggiare 4 volte e rilasciate resume, la stampante stamperà un foglio. Ogni lampeggìo corrisponde ad un comportamento della stampante, ma non sono riuscito a trovare il modo
                  di resettare la stampante.

if after pressing resume 4 times you press and hold resume again without
                  release the button the orange LED will flash, if you make it flash 4 times and release the resume, the printer will print a sheet. Each flash corresponds to a behavior of the printer, but I could not find a way
                  to reset the printer.: duh:: D

Comment

qualcuno può postare il dump della eeprom 24c08, grazie

can someone post the dump of the eeprom 24c08, thanks

Comment

Try this
                      Attached Files

Comment

Grazie, ma questa eeprom è della stampante nuova? oppure è resettata?
                        se riprogrammo la eeprom 24c08 della mg2550s ritorna a funzionare?
                        la mia mg2550s è bloccata per inchiostro pieno

Thanks, but this eeprom is from the new printer? or is it reset?
                        if we reprogram the eeprom 24c08 of the mg2550s will it work again?
                        my mg2550s is stuck for full ink

Comment

Sono riuscito a leggere la eeprom 24c08 qualcuno mi sà dire quali sono i byte da cambiare per azzerare il contatore di inchiostro pieno? grazie

I managed to read the eeprom 24c08 can someone tell me what are the bytes to change to reset the full ink counter? thank you : duh:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aboumohamed View Post
                            Try this
                            ho scritto questo file nella eeprom 24c08 della mia mg2550s ma non è cambiato niente, continua ad essere bloccata.

I wrote this file in the eeprom 24c08 of my mg2550s but nothing has changed, it continues to be blocked. :cestino:

Comment

Finalmente ho resettato la mia mg2550s ho semplicemente dissaldato la 24c08 e lo riscritta con 00FF in tutte le locazioni di memoria, lo risaldata e la stampante è tornata
                              come appena acquistata, ora la posso usare di nuovo, ringrazio questo forum su cui ho
                              capito come procedere.
                              Finally I reset my mg2550s I simply unsoldered 24c08 and rewrote it with 00FF in all memory locations, resolder it and the printer is back
                              as just purchased, now i can use it again, thank this forum i have on
                              understood how to proceed.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by joepales; 02-16-2021, 07:09 AM.

Comment

service tool 4718 is compatible with mg2550s, I used it with mine and it worked, the mg2550s goes into service mode when at power on you hold down the triangle and then the power key while holding down start, press 5 times triangle then release and it is in service mode, with tool 4718 press first stamp and then eeprom

Comment

Hi jeopales , can you post a little bit clearly the service mode procedure for canon mg2550s? step 1 , the step 2 , then tep 3....... Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by stutzi View Post
                                    Hi jeopales , can you post a little bit clearly the service mode procedure for canon mg2550s? step 1 , the step 2 , then tep 3....... Thanks in advance
                                    hi,
                                    I haven't anymore this printer but to enter Service mode follow this sequence: (resume button => this one with triangle)

1. printer must be off
                                    2. push resume button and keeping it pressed, push ON button.
                                    3. keeps ON button pressed and release resume button
                                    4. press 5 times resume button
                                    5. release power on and resume and you're in Service Mode
                                    6. on control panel of 4718 Service Tool first press "TEST PRINT" button then EEPROM button.

If it doesn't works follow the sequence I posted at #1 thread, this enter into Service Mode for sure but I didn't tested it with 4718.
                                    If this still doesn't works follow #16 about points 1 and 2 in this way:
                                    1. power on printer
                                    2. press and keep pressed resume button, then press and keep pressed ON button
                                    Last edited by shybear; 07-23-2021, 11:39 AM.

Comment

hello i read only the eprom with firmware and after that the printer don't turn on .
                                      the eeprom is winbond 25q16
                                      any suggestions ?

Comment

24c08 dump from a working 2550s.
                                        no idea how many copies it already printed, but with this i revived two wasted ink pad printers.
                                        beware. it will change your s/n, i didn't ever tried to edit, i used a ch341 programmer to write the dump, just load and write, no need to erase

btw,rewriting 00ff on the eeprom as joepales said does nothing on my printers
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X