LG L1715s with failed Samxon GF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG L1715s with failed Samxon GF

Found monitor on my way home sitting on the pavement.

This monitor stopped working due to Samxon GF failing.

One of the caps even changed color to black from overheating. Notice that even the rubber bangs deformed from venting/overheating

It is just stupid to put caps right above secondary rectifiers and heatsink that get very hot during monitor operation.

Those 17" monitors can be found in working condition for less than 10 euros or even for free!

So, I recapped it using terrible caps and tried to install extra caps on pcb in non populated empty cap spaces.

Monitor works, is VGA input only and will be donated.
    Attached Files

Re: LG L1715s with failed Samxon GF

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
    So, I recapped it using terrible caps and tried to install extra caps on pcb in non populated empty cap spaces.

Monitor works, is VGA input only and will be donated.
    Hey, terrible caps or not, that's still way better than where this monitor was headed for. At least now it gets an extended lease on its life, even if only for a little while until the replacement caps go bad... or will they? At this age, maybe the CCFLs would go bad first. Or for all we know, this will still work 10 years from now, given that you did seem to install slightly bigger capacity caps.
    I'm also curious how the two CS-logo caps will do. I find this brand to be really crap... but maybe these being 16V may help them a little. The lower voltage -rated CS caps break down in storage with high leakage / foil dissolving.

Comment

Working...
    X