Samsung PS-50Q96HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PS-50Q96HD

Just got this TV, it was shutting down when used for a long time according to the previous owner. It was very dusty inside so I cleaned it all up and found two bulging caps which I replaced (35V 1000uf's). It started up ok so I went through the menus and changed the sound to Movie mode and it instantly shut down. When I tried to start it again it just clicked repeatedly. I tried disconnecting all the boards and with nothing connected there is no clicking, with the main board connected and nothing else it started clicking again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Main board is bn94-0117c.

Re: Samsung PS-50Q96HD

Finally got round to fixing this TV after leaving it in the garage until now. There were two cracked solder joints on the fet on the middle heatsink nearest the gold capacitor. Also one of the solenoids wasn't clicking as loud as the other one so I took it off the board and tested it with a 9v battery. It was working fine off the board so I put it back and it was working fine. The TV is working again, I will update this post if anything goes wrong after testing it.

Comment

Re: Samsung PS-50Q96HD

Good to hear it's fixed, another nice save, It's amazing how many hours of needless troubleshooting can be saved by touching up the solder joints early on in the investigation. After the last time I forgot to do just that and had a complete headache trying to figure it out, I put it in my signature, NOW maybe I won't forget.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-22-2022, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X