Sony XBR-65X900e No Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony XBR-65X900e No Picture

I have a Sony Bravia XBR-65X900e that I am trying to fix for a co-worker; manufactured January 2018. It does nothing at all (no picture), so I will try to explain what I have. I will try to start with the power board and upload pics as I go. My ultimate goal is to figure out which board needs replaced, but also improve my troubleshooting at component level. I did just buy the Kent Liew PDFs and will be using them to try to learn from.

The board Part Numbers: (Will attach pics soon)

Power Board: A2167843A
    Main Board: A2170473A 1-982-022-21
    Led Driver Board: A2166064B

This has a separate power supply that supplies 24Vdc. I do have 24Vdc on the power supply main fuse, as well as on the inverter board at various locations, and I also have 24Vdc on several places on the main board. Several of these locations I measured on the fuses and and several other measurements were on components. The T-Con board did not have any voltage going to the fuse (0V), and I checked the continuity of the T-Con wires back to the first power board. All of the fuses on all boards tested good, none were open.

I will attach pics of that board to start and see if anyone can help me with a few of the components, and possibly help me figure out what they are and how to check them.

Power Board Part # A2167843A ; 1-982-024-11

Fuse F9000 tested Good
    Fuse F9001 tested Good

MLCC Caps tested 100k ohms +

Chips I am trying to figure out:

Q9002
    I assume P is the manufacture: 4485 is on the first line/GA721 is on the next
    (What looked like a P, I believe is AO brand an A circled by an O (alpha and omega) 4485 / GA721A

Q9001 TPC8129 / 736

IC9000 ACTN / 7L12

There are also a few parts:

One labelled NB (Transistor?); A1 (Diode?)

Appreciate any guidance on this, or any questions... I will post more as I get time.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Hink85; 08-31-2021, 08:34 PM. Reason: Update

Re: Sony XBR-65X900e No Picture

Power board pics
    Attached Files

Comment

After some research considering if NB is part # CFY35-23 10GHz GaAsfet

Part labelled 31: possibly MMBD1492 surface mount silicon switching diode

TPC8129 MOSFET Silicon p-channel

Comment

T-Con pics - will replace blurry second pic when I get a chance
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Hink85; 08-31-2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

If the TV doesn't turn on and has no standby light, you need to determine if the main board is getting standby voltage and if it is stable. If present, the main board is suspect and not the power supply. Sonys will flash diagnostic blink codes so if it turns on and then flashes, you need to count the number of blinks.

Comment

It has been a while so I don't remeber 100% correctly but once I had a problem with that power board. Do you get any voltage on these pins I marked with red? If memory serves me correct here should be 12V, but take that with grain of salt because I could be wrong...
            Attached Files

Comment

Ya, I don’t have any other voltages on the TV - just 24V. I couldn’t find anything telling me where I should have a standby but my initial thought was I had an issue with the main board, but after checking the T-con power should be coming from the TPC8129 chip on the power board, I started to think I had a bad power board.

The pins circled in red (TPC8129)go to the top 4 wires on the connector which go to the T-Con.
              Last edited by Hink85; 09-01-2021, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Update: I installed a new main board from tvparts today and the tv was working well, and I didn't have to update the firmware. However, after returning the tv to the owner, after an hour or two the tv will occasionally go to a blurry screen. I contacted tvparts today and am in the process of getting a replacement, but would anyone have any indication on causes of a screen to get a blurry picture?

I attached a pic of the screen after installing a new board and a pic of the screen after it gets blurry after an hour or so. It will clear up after doing a reset and holding the power button 10 seconds but still a pain to have to continually reset the tv.
                Attached Files

Comment

Two easy things to try, factory reset and firmware update/pair.

Comment

Working...
                  X