Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Originally posted by stars-n-dust View Post
    I have a BIOS file from HP x360 1040 G6 which needs password cleaning. Unlock tools are unable to clean it, anyone can help?
    Did you compare both files after running the unlock tool?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hi. I used the RCUnlocker tool, but still can't unlock the BIOS.

Attached is the BIOS program for the hp 400 G7 that I exported with the programmer.
      The version is: S71 Ver 01.03.02 03/25/2020

Can you please clear the corresponding BIOS password.
      Thank you so much!
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by final_bad View Post
        Hi. I used the RCUnlocker tool, but still can't unlock the BIOS....
        I don't think so. Attached to the message is the resulting file created by the tool.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

I unlocked an 840 G6 using RCUnlocker, many thanks! After writing unlocked .bin file into BIOS and reset BIOS to factory default I had to make a firmware update to Intel Management Engine because CPU was limited to 0,33GHz and machine was running very slow.

Off topic: reading messages here i saw many had problems reading correctly WSON BIOS chipsets and I want to share my way. I desolder BIOS chipset from motherboard and put it into clamps as in image. I also have an adapter for WSON but I often got bad results - chipset not rcognized, bad reading. With the clamp I have no such problems.
          Attached Files
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
          all donations are welcome,
          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
          >>>>>
          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
            ...I also have an adapter for WSON but I often got bad results - chipset not rcognized, bad reading. With the clamp I have no such problems.
            Well, it depends on what type of adapter you are using for the purpose, I haven't had any problems with mine:

Comment

RCunlocker
              says missing file destination argument

hp unlocker won't even open, compatibility mode either.

windows 11 pro 64 bit

edit I need sleep says drop onto exe lol

but RC unlocker still won't open
              Last edited by HUMDRUM; 01-23-2022, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Wont open means what? There should still be some kind of an error.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                  Wont open means what? There should still be some kind of an error.
                  says missing file destination argument

Comment

So you did not drag and drop your .bin file to .exe file?

Comment

Also i need to unlock bios of this laptop

HP Notebook - 17-ca0014ds

AMD ryzen CPU, i tested with clean bios from hp it said unlocked
                      once I extract bios from the laptop this software should unlock correctly
                      I'm a newb at EEPROM stuff but I'm learning

Comment

So you did not drag and drop your .bin file to .exe file?
                        correct but rc unlocker gives argument error

Comment

What argument error? Give me full error message or a picture of it.

By the way, crap like HP Notebook is not supported right now. And they mostly tend to get unlocked using a code generator (insert wrong password or just press enter 3 times to get the code if it is not given straight away).

Comment

What argument error? Give me a full error message or a picture of it.

By the way, crap like HP Notebook is not supported right now. And they mostly tend to get unlocked using a code generator (insert wrong password or just press enter 3 times to get the code if it is not given straight away).
                            ill be back on at 9 am eastern Elitebook unlock needed I'm getting the hang of this now. and is this donation page correct

Comment

Still seems like you did not drag and drop your .bin file to that .exe file. Instead you either just tried to open that .exe or you have some other issue like for example naming the .bin file in some idiotic way.

Like for example 840G1.locked.bin or 840G1 locked.bin is not a proper way to name a file. 840G1_locked.bin or 840G1locked.bin would be the way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                I don't think so. Attached to the message is the resulting file created by the tool.
                                First of all thank you very much.
                                I used the RCUnlocker tool, which also generated the file provided by your attachment. After I flashed this file into the bios, when I turned it on, it still showed that I needed to enter the BIOS password.

I judged that the tool only generates a so-called unlocked file in name, and does not actually remove the BIOS password.

Maybe my operation is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by final_bad View Post
                                  First of all thank you very much.
                                  I used the RCUnlocker tool, which also generated the file provided by your attachment. After I flashed this file into the bios, when I turned it on, it still showed that I needed to enter the BIOS password.

I judged that the tool only generates a so-called unlocked file in name, and does not actually remove the BIOS password.

Maybe my operation is wrong.
                                  No, your judgment is wrong. The tool works as it should.

Comment

So help us help you by giving more information. What model? Where are your files?

Comment

I'm doing lots of research and getting better understanding of what is going on.
                                      Hp 840 G3
                                      Need computrace removal.
                                      I was told Ch341a would burn bios chip.
                                      Is there a way I can just replace chip and remove computrace,I only ask because I need to work on my solder skills a little more.
                                      Or would you recommend I use ch341a to read bin file?
                                      I'll do either , but what I'm trying to make sure if I just replace chips no more computrace?

Comment

Hi there!
                                        I'm trying to "desolder" a Macronix (MXIC) MX25L12873FZNI from a HP 820 G3 motherboard.
                                        Even after applying 30 secs of 500° C from a heat-gun I can't move or remove the IC (plastic around already melting).
                                        Could there be any other fixation like a glue or anything else?
                                        If any - how to get rid of this?

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                          Did you compare both files after running the unlock tool?
                                          Yes, files are different, but after installing the new EC chip, laptop won't power on.

Comment

Working...
                                          X