X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hp folio 9470m

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
    Did you try with RCUnlocked ?
    Thats what I was using RCUnlocker...found it on this forum in another thread somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by mabearce1 View Post
      Thats what I was using RCUnlocker...found it on this forum in another thread somewhere.
      Why you do not post your dump bios file here. Someone else will help you ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Here is my orig DUMP
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-12-2023, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Here is my orig DUMP
          Don't you notice all the dumps in the topic are around and over 5MB in archived form, yours is only 1.73MB? This can be seen at first glance without even downloading and opening the file you uploaded, and this clearly shows your dump is not OK.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

here is my orig dump

Just like Vesko 356 said. Your dump has a problem.
            Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

The size of the BIN is 16MB. I had to .rar it to allow it to be uplaoded the website wouldn't let me upload the .bin file. So the file its 16.8MB in size according to my computer here.

Comment

Sorry, I have just started getting into this type of stuff, what does this all mean?

So, if my Dump has a problem, how can I fix it? is there a way to load a stock file? or someone else file onto it?

Comment

The size of the BIN is 16MB. I had to .rar it to allow it to be uplaoded the website wouldn't let me upload the .bin file. So the file its 16.8MB in size according to my computer here.
                  OK, here is a file (I specifically downloaded yours and edited it) which is also 16MB but archived is only 19.4 KB, simply because it is full of FF. Now do you understand what I'm talking about?
                  Attached Files
                  Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Sorry, I have just started getting into this type of stuff, what does this all mean?

So, if my Dump has a problem, how can I fix it? is there a way to load a stock file? or someone else file onto it?
                    This is result from Alihomee's file ( #74 )

Maybe your issue from your programmer.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is result from Alihomee's file ( #74 )

Maybe your issue from your programmer.
                      Which program do you use? I have AsProgrammer and NeoProgrammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                        OK, here is a file (I specifically downloaded yours and edited it) which is also 16MB but archived is only 19.4 KB, simply because it is full of FF. Now do you understand what I'm talking about?
                        okay so extract that and write it. do I set the chip to the q25w128FV? or is this one something different?

Comment

Which program do you use? I have AsProgrammer and NeoProgrammer.
                          I have a Sofei SP20P programmer. Winbond 25Q128FV chip is easy detect by a Raspbery Pi too. ( with CH341A programmer , maybe you should solder out your chip from mainboard before reading chip )
                          First , choosing your chip name manually.
                          Last edited by hoaca388; 01-21-2022, 11:03 PM.

Comment

I have a Sofei SP20P programmer. Winbond 25Q128FV chip is easy detect by a Raspbery Pi too. ( with CH341A programmer , maybe you should solder out your chip from mainboard before reading chip )
                            First , choosing your chip name manually.
                            So I have manually picked that chip. and nothing. thing doesn't power on at all! I have tried to do lots. I can red the chip all day long. But I write it and it goes through just fine. but power button....NOTHING. (and yes it did work previous)

Comment

So I have manually picked that chip. and nothing. thing doesn't power on at all! I have tried to do lots. I can red the chip all day long. But I write it and it goes through just fine. but power button....NOTHING. (and yes it did work previous)
                              what's model of your mainboard ?
                              Last edited by hoaca388; 01-23-2022, 10:36 PM.

Comment

what's model of your mainboard ?
                                So I have looked at a bunch of the numbers and none of them are showing the MB model.

But im gonna have the i7 version. gonna be like the higher end of the board if that helps? Where can I find it?

Comment

Hello I recently had a corrupted bios on an HP Elitebook Folio 9470m

Symptoms:
                                  No display
                                  Fan Full Speed
                                  Constant flashing caps lock

It had a winbond bios. 25Q128FVSG 1327

I re-flashed the bios using the CH314 programmer from ebay with the 8 pin clamp cable.

I used Asprogrammer for windows 10.

Finally i have attached the 16mb bios that finally worked for me.

Newbfixer
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files
                                    Last edited by piernov; 02-04-2022, 04:46 AM. Reason: remove full quote of previous post

Comment

Also...

To identify the motherboard you will have to disassemble the laptop

There is a great guide here.
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bRonuysxpc

The model info you are looking for is located here.

Good Luck

Newbfixer
                                      Attached Files

Comment

so newbfixer, I tried to use yours and it says its protected, and when I click on the unprotect nothing really happens.
                                        I also tried the file that someone attached under your post. that wrote just fine. still no power with power button plugged in with charger.

think it is just toast?

Comment

I think you have a shorted component.

Comment

Working...
                                          X