Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

This video is worth a watch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK8oNhFaRdM

Comment

Thanks VR69 you

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        Thanks VR69 you
        so easy to forget how to test things at times even more so as i get older lol.

Comment

I hear that, I'm sooo glad I didn't go into brain surgery, as fast as I forget things, I would've been turning all my patients into zombies.

Comment

This is the beast I'm dealing with, sj pic: https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-1-474...-supply-board/

Comment

BR is ok, in stby I get 165 on main filter cap, with 3-bl-on, 5-stby and 9 power-on jumped, it's 275, with just 5 and 9 jumped it's the same 275, here's a question, I know the boosted pfc is suppose to be around 400 volts, so I wonder if it's only 275 v. because I have a 450 volt main cap in for testing, where the ones I blew up and took out totaled 1140 v. or if I messed up the pfc when they blew up? or if I have to jumper still some other pin to get the boosted pfc voltage? thanks.

Comment

Which part number is the pfc transformer? is it T901? thanks.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-23-2022, 12:03 PM.

Comment

It's a a6069h, I think this is the equivalent: https://datasheetspdf.com/datasheet/STR-A6069H.html
                  Ok, on this IC901 three of the legs read short, beep in diode mode that is, I think only one is suppose to though, trying to figure this out bit by bit, trying to avoid taking the mosfets out of circuit, the designers of this board just HAD to make it as low profile as they could, which means torture for whoever has to deal with those mosfets.

Comment

None of the fets test short from gate to source, in circuit.

Comment

BR is ok, in stby I get 165 on main filter cap, with 3-bl-on, 5-stby and 9 power-on jumped, it's 275, with just 5 and 9 jumped it's the same 275, here's a question, I know the boosted pfc is suppose to be around 400 volts, so I wonder if it's only 275 v. because I have a 450 volt main cap in for testing, where the ones I blew up and took out totaled 1140 v. or if I messed up the pfc when they blew up? or if I have to jumper still some other pin to get the boosted pfc voltage? thanks.
                      Trying to remember I had a problem with a TV, I believe was backlight problem. It had low PFC voltage. It had a string of resistors going to PFC controller which were out of spec. Replacing bad ones brought up voltage to 390 and fixed the problem.

Here is thread title. DYNEX DX55L-150A11 Randomly turns off
                      Last edited by dskall; 01-23-2022, 02:25 PM.
                      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Thanks Dskall, that makes perfect sense, I'll try to trace those resistors, I have that one zener diode ZD909 that reads short in circuit but is ok ooc, I'm almost positive that I checked it along with the rest of the 2 legged diodes before the main caps blew up and none read short in circuit.

Comment

A little more on IC901, the BR pin is reading short, it seems wrong??: https://www.semicon.sanken-ele.co.jp...uct=STR-A6069H

Comment

There's a tiny diode D600 on underside of board that reads 99 both ways, seems strange.

Comment

Anyone know what could make the zener 909 read short in circuit but good ooc, I think I can solve this mystery if I can track this short down, pic. in post #85 IC901 tests good I think, 17 v on vcc and I'm getting the 275 same as the main cap on the start pin.

Comment

Plus when ZD909 is installed it reads short but is ok out of circuit, well .972 one way and 1 the other.
                                not good

Comment

Ok, thanks, I'm gonna take that pos out and kill it again, LOL.

Comment

Crap my bad, it reads 848 out of circuit, there's seven more on the board they read 682, 704, 828, 799, 863, 676, 803 in circuit but don't read short on diode test.

Comment

Clipped diode, still getting short across the contacts.

Comment

Tiny zener, how do I know what to replace it with, is there some tiny writing on it?

Comment

Crap my bad, it reads 848 out of circuit, there's seven more on the board they read 682, 704, 828, 799, 863, 676, 803 in circuit but don't read short on diode test.
                                          for zener 676 / 704 are acceptable value .. mybe yours DMM drunk !!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X