Pioneer vsx920 lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer vsx920 lock

Hi. Sorry because my bad english. I bought a receiver (vsx-920). If i plug the unit in the ac outlet, i hear that a relay clicks, hdmi led blinks, after relay click again. Then i power up the unit. Unit is powering on. But if i press any button or rotate input selector or volume on the screen write PANEL LOCK. I able to use the main on/off and the zone on/off. Anything else is PANEL LOCK. I have remote, but no reaction from unit if i press any button on remote. Yet i searched internet and found a software or via telnet i am able to disable the key lock and the remote lock. But to use software or telnet i need ip address. But i don't know the ip of the unit. I think that dhcp is turned off, because in router i don't see the mac address of the unit. I am tried all combination of keys, but because the lock i don't able to reset the unit or update firmware. In the manual wrote that with speakers+on/off keys i will turn off the lock, but no reaction. I don't know what i do.

Re: Pioneer vsx920 lock

Try this:

To unlock the “RESET [LOCK] you simply go into “Standby” mode - hold the “Speaker” and “Standby” buttons for 10 seconds and “Key Lock Off” is set.

Comment

Or if the previous trick doesn't work, try with these steps (assuming you have the IP address of VSX920):

Use a computer that is in the same network (whether via WLAN or LAN cable).

1. Estabish a telnet connection to the receiver; this is quite simple.
      With older computers with Linux or Mac, it is sufficient to enter telnet <IP> via the command prompt / terminal. For Windows computers that do not know this command just download the small free programme Putty and then use it to establish a connection. Enter the IP address of the receiver.

2. If a connection has been established, you will see a lot of characters if something is running on the receiver. This should not bother you.

3. No matter what it shows and if, when you type, the receiver sends something in between and your command looks funny, just type 0PKL (if the remote control no longer works because of the lock) 0RML.
      This deactivates the lock. As a confirmation, exactly the same command will come back in the terminal.
      If you want to activate the lock, e.g. if you are having a party in your living room and don't want anyone to play with the receiver, simply follow the same procedure and type 1PKL instead of 0PKL.
      The receiver panel is then locked (if you want to lock your remote control, type 1RML and confirm with Enter).

Comment

I also found a Windows APP that will allow you to control your VSX920 and even toggle the PANEL LOCK function. You can download it from this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/p/re...ot:overviewtab

Comment

Thank you everyone! I found the fixed ip address what is was in the receiver and after with windows app i sucessfully unlocked the remote lock and the panel lock. Now unit works fine.

Comment

Working...
          X