GIGABYTE VEGA 56 8GB bad voltages on 1.8V Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GIGABYTE VEGA 56 8GB bad voltages on 1.8V Rail

I currently have a Vega 56 that won't turn on. I have measured the resistances and continuity and there seems to be no shortage on any of the rails of the GPU.

However, when I plug the Vega 56 into my pc an try to measure the voltages, everything seems fine until the 1,8V rail. Consequently this affects my Vcore, Memory and PEX Voltages. Therefore I believe that the problem is betweeen my 5v rail and 1,8V rail (the Magic IR0 inductor on the top left of the GPU is the 1,8V reference I use and the R22 below the VRMs is the 5V reference).

My issue is that I have been having a hard time finding the schematics for this GPU anywhere on the internet (I have found ismilar but they don't seem to have the same layout). Does anyone know where I could find (or already has) the schematics for the GIGABYTE Radeon RX VEGA 56 GAMING OC 8G??

Also, do you know how to properly diagnose this section of the GPU? I have been able to diagnose it up until this point however I am getting stuck on how to find the exact piece/component that is broken/causing wrong voltages.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Borges; 12-18-2021, 03:44 PM.

Re: GIGABYTE VEGA 56 8GB bad voltages on 1.8V Rail

Originally posted by Borges View Post
    I currently have a Vega 56 that won't turn on. I have measured the resistances and continuity and there seems to be no shortage on any of the rails of the GPU.

However, when I plug the Vega 56 into my pc an try to measure the voltages, everything seems fine until the 1,8V rail. Consequently this affects my Vcore, Memory and PEX Voltages. Therefore I believe that the problem is betweeen my 5v rail and 1,8V rail (the Magic IR0 inductor on the top left of the GPU is the 1,8V reference I use and the R22 below the VRMs is the 5V reference).

My issue is that I have been having a hard time finding the schematics for this GPU anywhere on the internet (I have found ismilar but they don't seem to have the same layout). Does anyone know where I could find (or already has) the schematics for the GIGABYTE Radeon RX VEGA 56 GAMING OC 8G??

Also, do you know how to properly diagnose this section of the GPU? I have been able to diagnose it up until this point however I am getting stuck on how to find the exact piece/component that is broken/causing wrong voltages.
    Which similar schematic did you found? May you send it please? Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X