Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Syncmaster S23A550H flicker, no input

Hello all together,

I have been having a problem with my Samsung Syncmaster S23A550H monitor for some time now. It first started with flickering errors when moving the mouse in the left margin (in 10% of the width from the left approximately) and ended with the monitor not recognizing either an HDMI signal, or a DVI signal. Before no more signal was detected, the flickering (horizontal lines across the entire screen) has gotten worse. Since I have the same monitor a second time, I naturally tested the power cord of the other monitor on it. The error remained unchanged. Another HDMI or DVI cable does not help either. I worked in a cell phone repair shop for a while and have some experience diagnosing faults, but I'm not that good at electrical engineering. So I disassembled the monitor to take a closer look at the board. I couldn't find any blown resistors or capacitors. Since I couldn't find any abnormalities, I reassembled the monitor after roughly cleaning the board with isopropyl alcohol. And lo and behold, it ran again for 3 days until the problem reappeared. Now the monitor again detects no signal and only displays a loop of color tuning stuff when it is on. For completeness, the monitor also had the problem before disassembly that the touch bar for operating the monitor did not work. This error was fixed afterwards.

The moment the problem reappeared I made a video from the start of the system to the display of the desktop. I also put a picture of the board. You can find both in the attached zip file. If anyone knows of a similar problem or even had the same problem I would be very grateful for a tip. I have a multimeter available and can also solder. So if there is a component that often breaks, I would replace it if I have to. At the moment I don't want to replace the monitor, because this one in combination with the second one is enough for me.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Syncmaster S23A550H flicker, no input

Fyi, i had recently repaired a Philips 23 inch lcd monitor screen flickering issue. When switched on, it had blue power led but the display keeps flickering. So, i opened the case and look for any burned or bulged capacitor on the power board. But there is none. Anyway i unsolder all the electrolytic caps and test for esr value. Found a few with bad esr, then replace with an equivalent type. My monitor works well after that with no flicker. It is worth a try to check the caps esr even though it looks fine and no bulge from outside . Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X