• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo fw65d25t no picture; good sound

FP1, white with a K on it.

Comment

I finally got my scope out nd hooked up an HDMI source to the TV. I checked the main board for output on the LDVS, which inputs to the FRC LDVS input and the signals that I checked are there. The LVDS outputs are not there. In fact it looks like the card is dead. I checked the 1117 LDO withe reading (top to bottom) of
      .58v
      1.85v
      3.35v
      According to what other have said, these numbers are close. Is there a SMD fuse on this board?

Comment

So the signal is getting to the frc but not out of it? might be that board that is bad, looks like you have a fuse there, FD1 by the connector.
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-22-2022, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Well, I finally received a couple of T-Con boards and f now have a menu screen and was able to select HDMI. I have full screen video and audio! BUT... I have a white vertical from top to bottom starting at the center of the screen going right horizontally to about 3/4 of the screen. A lot better than the bluish screen I had been fighting.
          I remember someone saying if you disconnect either ribbon cable coming out of the T-Con, you will see this white bar. Do I still have another bad T-Con?
          Also on the lower left of the screen there is a flashing blue window with a message V8-MS393FN-F04V015
          V650HP1_PS6
          P

What is that?

Don in Wichita, Ks

Comment

Anybody here anymore?

Comment

We're still here, do you have a picture of it? not sure, guess I would check the little ceramic capacitors on the panel driver board for shorts or very low ohms, just a guess tho.

Comment

If you are referring the the LED Driver board, I will look at that next. A picture of the screen?
                Don

Comment

I meant a picture of the display with the odd lines etc. that you describe.

Comment

Re: Sanyo fw65d25t Blueish picture; was good sound

On my continuing saga where I had picture but with a white vertical window superimposed over the right side of the picture... I found I had a bad ribbon cable between the T-Con module going to the panel connector on the left side of the T-con. I sent for replacements and put it in... now I just have the bluish screen back... no white window. I've now replaced all modules including the power supply except the LED Driver module.
                    I'm beginning to think that I lost connection to the HDMI connection and have tried all three of them with no change.
                    Is there a default input that the set goes to when booting up? Is there a way to force the input to HDMI?
                    I tried various resets recommended by this forum with no changes.
                    I see video activity on the out of the main board and the input of the FRC but flat lined on it's outputs. I measured the DC levels on the 1117 IC and now on top leg is 0V, middle leg 0V and bottom .68V They were fine before. I'm chasing the cat's tail here.
                    Don

Comment

I finally grabbed the cat's tail and traced why I didn't have the proper supply volts to the FRC regulator. Tracked down to a defective Main board. Replaced it and the voltage on the FRC regulator were good and the picture is good thru HDMI.
                      My old problem is back where there is a flashing blue window with a message V8-MS393FN-F04V015
                      V650HP1_PS6
                      P
                      I found this on all inputs except photo. Once this is gone... the set should be ok,

ANY Ideas?? Please!!!!

Comment

Can you do a factory reset?

Comment

I would do a factory reset if I had the right procedure. There are a ton of them all suppose to do a "factory reset". Which do you recommend?

Comment

If your menu is working, try setup then restore default.

Comment

Re: Sanyo FW65D25T Blinking window lower left with strange message

Nomoresonys

Oh... That reset. I did that once before but I'll do it again. I did some more checking and if turning on the power after removing the power cord for a few minutes and all devices disconnected I get the usual blue screen WITH the blinking window still there. I'm beginning to think that this issue appeared after I replaced the Main video board. Not sure.

I'll proceed to do the set's internal reset a couple of time.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Don

Comment

I tried the internal reset a few times with no changes. Thinking about it the only module capable of composing any messages would be the main video board. I guess I'll have to find ANOTHER main board to see if I'm right. $$$ spent but so close to finishing bit.
                                Don

Comment

might just need to do a firmware update/pair with the new mainboard.

Comment

Re: Sanyo fw65d25t Good Picture Good Sound, blinking blue window in Lower Left of Scr

My attention was brought back to the main board since the board was from an Insignia TV Maybe the eprom was wrong. So I took the eprom from my old board and put it in the Insignia board and didn't work.
                                    Tried removing the eprom again from the Insignia board only to pull a couple of foil pads off.
                                    Now I'm looking to buy a Sanyo main board with the proper eprom. If I had a schematic of that Sanyo board, I would troubleshoot why no 3.3v from the original main board. I think I'll start drinking again after many years. I'M GONNA FIX THIS BEAST YET!!!!!

Any sellers out there with an extra main board looking for a good home?

Don
                                    Last edited by dcsharpsr; 02-14-2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Well if it's the eeprom at fault and your original board is ok as in not damaged from eeprom removal, shopjimmy sells them on ebay 15 bucks and free shipping, might need to make sure your panel number matches what shopjimmy has posted there, not sure on that but it only says the one model there which is your model: https://www.ebay.com/itm/27503228379...0AAOSwz59hljyR
                                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-14-2022, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Nomoresonys
                                        Yes, I have seen them advertised so I could do that. But the only module I have is my original one with no 3.3v going to the FRC so no picture. So now I have some troubleshooting of the regulators on the board. One step forward and two steps back.

Still looking for a replacement Main board if someone has an extra.

Thanks for your help...

Comment

some voltage testing there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocqnqmBxiqY

Comment

Working...
                                          X