HP DMI Tool NBDmiFit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP DMI Tool NBDmiFit

I have a hp probook 6560b and need to use DMI Tools to re-enter the details that got lost. I have made a tool but can anyone explain how I found which file to run from the DOS command when running the DMI Tools? Can I use any?

Comment

Hello!
      I'm having a 840 G1 that uses a bios dump from 850 G1 to work (it's original bios was corrupted)
      As a result the model, serial number etc in BIOS-> System Information are all wrong.
      I'm trying to repair them with WNDMIFIT but i get error with "MPM is locked"
      I tried several ways to unlock it but no success, what do i miss?

Comment

hi i need please remove bios accounts passwords, thx hp probook 4535s dump here

(sorry can not find thread for help )
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-08-2022, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ultravarialheadspin View Post
          hi i need please remove bios accounts passwords, thx
          Your bios has been removed,youve posted 3 times now in 3 different threads,i suggest you read the rules,i have already sent you a PM with a link to them.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks, very usefull

Comment

hey guys i have a HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dh1001dx (Born 2019) and want to change UUID, Serial Number etc.

I actually managed to unlock the MPM by running UEFIMPMUNLOCK.EFI in nbdmifit 2.13 from the EFI shell.

wndmifit (2.14) says that the platform is not supported and i can't do any changes.

System Board ID
              System Family
              HP Pavilion
              BIOS Revision
              F.11

Comment

Originally posted by rkana View Post
                hey guys i have a HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dh1001dx (Born 2019) and want to change UUID, Serial Number etc.
                If you have a bios backup post it in a new thread in the Bios requests,the DMI can be copied using a hex editor from the backup to a virgin bios.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  If you have a bios backup post it in a new thread in the Bios requests,the DMI can be copied using a hex editor from the backup to a virgin bios.
                  I have load a backup into a hex editor but can't find the DMI information. Can you explain how to change and copy it to a virgin bios?

Comment

Originally posted by anhbanxoi
                    Post your bios backup here.
                    Post it here https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...31#post1128031

Comment

jal50 la-4101p
                      2009-05-08
                      rev 1.0

jal50 43154432l24 rev:g2 b930 bios f.42 97f4 sticker

DV4-1465DX S/N: CND93020P9

qht dmi tools do i need to use Ive use all but nothing is working..it keeps on asking the date and time in the DOS

"there is no ogns and dsdt"
                      wahat is tha?t

Comment

Originally posted by kalilinux25 View Post
                        jal50 la-4101p
                        2009-05-08
                        rev 1.0

jal50 43154432l24 rev:g2 b930 bios f.42 97f4 sticker

DV4-1465DX S/N: CND93020P9

qht dmi tools do i need to use Ive use all but nothing is working..it keeps on asking the date and time in the DOS

"there is no ogns and dsdt"
                        wahat is tha?t
                        do you want to write the DMI information in the bios?
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                          do you want to write the DMI information in the bios?
                          yes, but when I try to set the date and time it keeps saying there is no OGNS in DSDT.. im using RUFUS 1.2.0 VER and nbdmifit 2.07

Comment

Thanks a lot, very helpful. Works for me.

Comment

Hi I am new member of this forum.

I just updated my HP Pavilion x360 Convertible BIOS to Insyde F.37 version. Old was B.08T02. Everything went very well.

After bios update, computer says:

Product Information not valid
                              The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid.
                              System Board (00A) - Product Name
                              ENTER - Continue Startup

I have made booting usb-stick with Rufus. There is files from NbDmiFit-2.14 package.

Computer boots from the usb, but when I trying to write to the bios, it says: MPM must be unlocked on this platform before running DOS tool. Choose [Y] to reboot UEFI to unlock MPM, or [N] to run the DOS tool.

So I have to unlock the MPM. I need SMC.bin to unlock.

How to make bios dump, if someone can then help me. System board ID is 81A3.

Thank you very much for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiekko View Post
                                Hi I am new member of this forum.

I just updated my HP Pavilion x360 Convertible BIOS to Insyde F.37 version. Old was B.08T02. Everything went very well.

After bios update, computer says:

Product Information not valid
                                The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid.
                                System Board (00A) - Product Name
                                ENTER - Continue Startup

I have made booting usb-stick with Rufus. There is files from NbDmiFit-2.14 package.

Computer boots from the usb, but when I trying to write to the bios, it says: MPM must be unlocked on this platform before running DOS tool. Choose [Y] to reboot UEFI to unlock MPM, or [N] to run the DOS tool.

So I have to unlock the MPM. I need SMC.bin to unlock.

How to make bios dump, if someone can then help me. System board ID is 81A3.

Thank you very much for the information.
                                If you choose Y the system should boot into UNLOCK mode automatically. If It doesn't work, you can customize bios backup and reflash.

Comment

hello, is there an explanation somewhere how you would change dmi information from a bios dump? i want to change dmi information for a hp z640 mobo. I have a programmer and am most likely able to dump bios... any hints?

Comment

Is there way to change serial number after a motherboard swap? It's mainly for Asset tag consistency. Thanks guys.

It's mainly for Laptops newer than 2018, which is where the DMI tool ends. Would be great help.

Comment

Hello, i have an HP 470 G2 and i need the Feature Byte and the Build ID.
                                      The SN is CND43880C2
                                      I cannot found this on partsurfer from HP can someone help me out?
                                      Thank you very much.

BR

Comment

Hello,
                                        after a bad update on windows 10, my PC start, the Lights are OK, the fan is OK but no screen, no bios, no boot menu. I have to flash the bios with a CH341A and using a bios found on the HP site.

But after that, the serial number, and all the information of the PC are missing. The HP Support Tool doen’t recognize my PC and I can’t make drivers update.

I used some tools like dmifit, nbdmifit, wndmifit but I Also have an error (error 10 or 43) or this vendor is not supported for this tool.
                                        some help please

Comment

Originally posted by ramuch7 View Post
                                          Hello,
                                          after a bad update on windows 10, my PC start, the Lights are OK, the fan is OK but no screen, no bios, no boot menu. I have to flash the bios with a CH341A and using a bios found on the HP site.

But after that, the serial number, and all the information of the PC are missing. The HP Support Tool doen't recognize my PC and I can't make drivers update.

I used some tools like dmifit, nbdmifit, wndmifit but I Also have an error (error 10 or 43) or this vendor is not supported for this tool.
                                          some help please
                                          Did you make a backup of the corrupt bios before flashing, if you did then start a new thread here https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40 ,and post your corrupt bios and the laptop serial number

Comment

Working...
                                          X