No announcement yet.

Gateway FPD2485W - capacitor related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gateway FPD2485W - capacitor related?

The forum continues just this part of it is old.
    Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
    Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

I have very similar symptoms as the original post. I'm going to peruse the rest of the pages and forum as well because I'm looking for a specific part. Not sure what type of part it is and what its specs are. It is located in position D851 (it's located between the big heat-sinks with the rubber on top, in that corner).

I'm a newb to electronics, however my old man is not. He is replacing all the bad caps (and there's a never ending list of those) and could hopefully ID that part himself. I'm just doing some due diligence on his behalf -- because after all he's helping me out

Anyway if any of you could shed some light I would greatly appreciate it. Even if you tell me I can find a schematic on Google I won't be mad .. if its out there I'll try to find it.

I've used this monitor with similar symptoms for for 3-4 years. It STILL works but the symptoms are getting worse so I figured its time I get it fixed, or replaced. I really do like this monitor thou I have to say.

Comment

Sorry for digging this up but i have similar problem and didn't want to make another thread. Does anyone got info which capacitor has what value? Mine was barely readable so i'm now not sure about the values. Info with picture would be great, thanks in advance

Comment

Kaminari
          Perhaps if you post a good clear picture of your boards - mark the caps you know
          with one colour and put in the values. Mark the caps or positions of the ones you dont know in another colour. If you are saying you have removed the caps and dont know where they go then make a list of the caps you have got with any description you can read
          and their dimensions - height width.

Also you need to state whet exactly the problem is , in the first 8 posts there are different problems.
          Last edited by selldoor; 06-17-2014, 02:56 AM.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

power supply ?
            Only one on the power supply commonly fails
            the 1000x25 that is next to the 680x25
            then there ate 4 1000x10 and 3 470x35
            plus the main and two startup caps which I do not remember on top of my head so I would have to go look but it's probably and 10x50 and 47x50

main board has a couple that go 100x16 and they are near the 1.8 d-pak voltage regulator that also has issues

Comment

My problem is that the capacitors were removed before their values were written down. Don't ask me why, i wasn't the one who did it. Only the power board.

I have marked which capacitors were removed. Now i need to know values of those. I know i need low esr, good quality ones. Does someone knows the values and can write them here?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kaminari; 06-17-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

1-2-3 470x35 (10mmx20mm)
                4-5-6-7 1000x10 (10mmx16)
                8-1000x25 (12.5mmx20)
                next to #8 680x25 (10mmx20mm)
                last one by audio jack- 470x25 (10mmx16mm)

Comment

Thank you very much, i can probably order with higher voltage tolerance right?

Comment

I would stick to the voltages originally used
                    Just look for something with good amp and hour rating at 105 degrees
                    Like I said the 1000x25 is the one that usually fails first, so especially on this one

Comment

I'm thinking mine is beyond repair. Any thoughts based on these pics? Also, despite the warnings, I ripped the tiny ribbon cable right off the frame/ Any way to repair/replace that?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi
                        That is an oldie !!
                        You do have at least one bad capacitor that I can see.
                        It is at the bottom left corner of the first picture.
                        I cant see the rest of the power supply or the main board to see if any others have obvious issues.

ripped which tiny cable ?? the power button one ? and if it is this one, did you rip it at the power button board end or the main board end end or in the middle ?

Comment

Hey I need some help with my Gateway as well. The screen won't stay lit so I'm assuming it's the inverter board.

Comment

Working...
                          X