Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID BIOS chip HP 24-xa0024 DA0N76MB6E0 Rev E

Hello all!

Would anyone be able to help me identify a BIOS chip on an HP motherboard? I need help.

24-xa0024 is the model number
    Mobo: DA0N76MB6E0 Rev E

I haves access to a reprogrammer, but I am having a difficult time ID-ing the BIOS chip. I have looked at all the usual suspects, and using alldatasheet online, it seems none of them are the CMOS chip.

Where should I make this post? I have pictures as well.

Seems to me like AH1822 should be it, but it doesn't seem like it is...

Thank You!

Re: ID BIOS chip HP 24-xa0024 DA0N76MB6E0 Rev E

Look at the line below AH1822 ,it will be GD25Q128B or similar. If it has 128 in it,its the 16MB bios
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi SMDFlea, thanks for replying.

The second line is: 25B127DSIG
      Third: U84600

Comment

Originally posted by Romster View Post
        Hi SMDFlea, thanks for replying.

The second line is: 25B127DSIG
        Third: U84600
        25B127DSIG is the bios chip. Are you using a CH341A programmer

Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-07-2021, 01:38 PM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

So it IS the BIOS chip! Argh! Thank you!

I have access to XGecu Pro (Xgpro) and the 'alligator' / chip clip. Model number: TL866 II Plus

I really appreciate your help!
          Last edited by Romster; 09-07-2021, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Crap... this software doesn't seem to support this chip.. I'll try an update but it isn't looking good for now.

Comment

What are my options here? Can I use this TL866 II Plus with other software than its own (Xgpro)?

I have access to pretty good equipment, I have the boards ready.. I am so close, yet so far still. Argh!

Basically, I am trying to take BIOS from one mobo to another MOBO. Exact same model boards, but the exchange MOBO came from a slightly newer version of the HP AIO; and I'm thinking that's the issue: the BIOS. But I'm only about 80%.
              Last edited by Romster; 09-07-2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

What are my options here? Can I use this TL866 II Plus with other software than its own (Xgpro)?

I have access to pretty good equipment, I have the boards ready.. I am so close, yet so far still. Argh!

Basically, I am trying to take BIOS from one mobo to another MOBO. Exact same model boards, but the exchange MOBO came from a slightly newer version of the HP AIO; and I'm thinking that's the issue: the BIOS. But I'm only about 80%.
                Just select a different chip manually, GD25Q128 ,and untick the check-ID box it`ll read and write ok.The clips aren`t very good and you might not get a reliable connection with it,its important that you make a good backup, if you can desolder the chip it would be better.
                Copying the bios from one board to another won`t work properly with an intel board,there`s firmware in it called intel managent engine (ME) ,at first boot the firmware and the PCH (platform controller hub) are married. The firmware would need cleaning first,basically replacing it with a "clean" version.
                You said the other board is slightly newer,so its got a different CPU to yours ,the ME firmware version could be different and cpu microcode so you won`t be able to swap it,it won`t be compatible. The HP support site lists 3 different model versions under bios updates https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...Flag=true&sku= .Each bios has a different number,you can find out which bios version you have by opening your backup with a hex editor and looking for the numbers.If you run the bios update it will give you the option to create a recovery USB drive or to copy the bios to a location.Copying to a location will give you either a patial bios update or the full bios (i havnt run them so i don`t know),if its te full bios then you "could" flash the bios that matches the BID number from your backup.If you didnt have a backup you can try all 3 in turn.A full extracted clean bios will have no DMI information in it (DMI is the serial number,featre Byte,Model number),that would need entering with HP DMI tools ,or in some cases you can use a hex editor to copy it from the backup to the new bios.

Your best option is to post your backup and someone will fix it for you .

Comment

What software are you referring to?

Would it work with the TL866 II Plus ?

Comment

What software are you referring to?

Would it work with the TL866 II Plus ?
                    There isn`t any alternative software for the TL866II

Choose GD25Q128 in the TL866II software and untick check-ID ,it will read it.

EDIT: The GD25B127D IS in the support list for the TL866II http://www.autoelectric.cn/MiniPro/TL866II_List.txt

Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-08-2021, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Yes, the latest version does indeed...

but still error when trying; even without Check ID.

It said it read using 25QL128 v1.8 but all was FFFF....

Can a downloaded BIOS from HP website work, if it gets "cleaned" before I write it to new MOBO?

I will try reading new MOBO; perhaps this old MOBO got too f-ed up by power surge.

Comment

Are you using a clip or have you desoldered the chip ? .A good backup would be preferred if you can get one. Try and read the other one with the same setup,if you can`t read that one then you`re doing something wrong

Comment

OK, the chip on the old MOBO appears to be f-ed. And if it wasn't before, I probably f-ed it.

The new MOBO has a Winbond chip (25Q128JVSQ).
                          I was able to read and backup the BIOS of the new MOBO (chip@SOIC8 and chipOTP@SOIC8). I used alligator clip.
                          The backups are about 16,384KB.

Here are the BIOS available for old mobo from HP:
                          (may need to select Windows 10 version before it shows drivers and BIOS)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...05?sku=4NM47AA

Is it possible to edit the BIOS from HP site?

Should I go to another section... or the win-raid people?

It just occurred to me that these BIOS from website have the option to create BIOS recovery USB. Since I have a backup from the new mobo... should I just try that?

Thanks again.
                          Last edited by Romster; 09-10-2021, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I explained it all at post #8. There are 3 different bios versions at the support site, as you can`t read from the chip (desolder it and it might do,solder to an adapter board !, if you can get a backup post it ) you don`t know which bios version you need,it could be any of the 3. Run the exe for each of the 3,choose recovery if you want to try that first, if that doesn`t work then run each exe again,choose to save each bios to a location .Flash each bios version in turn until one of them works. If you can boot then you`ll need to enter the DMI info using HP BCU (bios config utility) and/or nbdmifit/wndmifit - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69204

Edit: found a bios ,will post it tomorrow.

2nd edit: post your backup from the other board
                            Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-10-2021, 05:49 PM.

Comment

You did, my apologies. I'm just kind of tunnel visioned a bit with this project. Thank you so much for the help!

OK, I tried the USB route but no effect. Keyboard key press method doesn't seem to have a chance because USB kb never seems to get power/detected.

So, I went ahead and attempted to write one of the HP BIOS off the website.
                              Looked ok, until it failed...

So to see what would happen, I attempted to write back the backup. Again almost at 100% and then error Buf_Val IC_Val errors.
                              Unchecked Verify After and writing worked.

One of the BIOS on the HP website worked (I think it was the December 2020 one) However, the screen is dead. This models does have HDMI out and it does display to the external screen even before POST/boot.

Hopefully someone who has a similar issue can gather some additional info out of all this.

I have replied to your PM.

Comment

I have this hp all in one pc, issue no power on at all, fan never spins, when i connect the power cord it flashes 1 time and the power supply shows 0.018 power consumption. but not power on. If i disconnect a cable that goes to the lcd (not the flex cable) then it will flash 7 times but no power on. power button is getting its 3.2v and seems to be working.
                                I HAD TRIED EVERYTHING BASIC - INTERNAL BATT, SHORTING BIOS- TESTED VOLTAGES CAN'T FIND A SHORT.
                                I proceed and downloaded the bios from hp confirmed is the same bios on the original bios chip, so i proceed and flashed with the one in hp website. NOW it does the same except now the consumption is between 0.028v to 0.031v but still no fan spinning cpu is cold dead.
                                something i do not see correct that the bios is not getting its 3.3 when computer is not plug in to the wall. I though bios should get that voltage from internal bios batt. but I do not have the schematic to confirm that. I can read 3.2v in bios when plugged in. HP 24-xa0024 DA0N76MB6E0 Rev E.
                                Should I reflash with the oldest bios in hp website?. or there should be a component not letting power to go thru?. any help will be appreciated.

Comment

I have the same problem, how did you solve it?

Comment

Originally posted by riki_22 View Post

I have the same problem, how did you solve it?
                                    Did you disconnected the screen led cable from the board? I had the same issue and the problem gone after when I replaced this cable

Comment

Working...
                                    X