Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Elitebook 840 G6 Admin PW Help

Originally posted by AudioGuy88 View Post
    I think you're right. The chip is IC25LP128 so it looks like the 16mb chip.
    Yes, it is.
    However there are no exposed feet/pads, so I can't solder wires onto it. I don't want to remove the chip to read/program it. Very annoying.

But thanks everyone for their help
    The chip is WSON-8 type, so yes - you must desolder it from the board first, then use the suitable adapter to read/write the chip.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
      Yes, it is.

The chip is WSON-8 type, so yes - you must desolder it from the board first, then use the suitable adapter to read/write the chip.
      The 32mb chip is also a WSON-8, but it had pads so I was able to solder wires to it and read/write it without removing it from the board.
      The 16mb chip however doesn't have the pads so I will have to remove it. But I don't have the adapters to read it.

So instead of trying to remove the chip and reading/writing. I just want to break the laptop.

I have wiped the 32mb chip, but after a few reboots the machine restores the bios again.

What can I do to damage the laptop so it gets the motherboard replaced but not void the warranty?

Comment

The 32mb chip is also a WSON-8, but it had pads so I was able to solder wires to it and read/write it without removing it from the board.
        The 16mb chip however doesn't have the pads so I will have to remove it. But I don't have the adapters to read it.

So instead of trying to remove the chip and reading/writing. I just want to break the laptop.

I have wiped the 32mb chip, but after a few reboots the machine restores the bios again.

What can I do to damage the laptop so it gets the motherboard replaced but not void the warranty?
        You can see where the traces go from each pinjust solder to the nearest point,resistor etc
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          You can see where the traces go from each pinjust solder to the nearest point,resistor etc
          I've looked at that and I don't have the skills or equipment to do that.
          You can trace the tracks if you zoom in with a camera, but they lead to the smallest SMD I've ever seen, and I am not able to do that kind of work.

I did use a heat gun and removed the chip. I soldered wires to but unable to read or write using the programmer.

So the lesson is the HPs with 1 bios chip is fine and I can do those no problems at all ... the ones with 2 is way beyond my skills.

Thanks again for your help everyone

Comment

I've looked at that and I don't have the skills or equipment to do that.
            You can trace the tracks if you zoom in with a camera, but they lead to the smallest SMD I've ever seen, and I am not able to do that kind of work.

I did use a heat gun and removed the chip. I soldered wires to but unable to read or write using the programmer.

So the lesson is the HPs with 1 bios chip is fine and I can do those no problems at all ... the ones with 2 is way beyond my skills.

Thanks again for your help everyone
            What model is your programmer
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              What model is your programmer
              CH341A I think.
              It's the cheap one you get from Aliexpress

Comment

CH341A I think.
                It's the cheap one you get from Aliexpress
                NeoProgrammer, a good CH341A software alternative supports the chip - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...04&postcount=7 .Use the IC search,just type in 25LP

Comment

hp elitebook 840 g6 bios password

please unlocked my hp elitebook 840 g6 bios password
                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-07-2023, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Re: hp elitebook 840 g6 bios password

Originally posted by fyaagoub View Post
                    please unlocked my hp elitebook 840 g6 bios password
                    Try this one and report back ...

Comment

Still asking for admin password

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=840+g6

My bad ,, read over here ... there is another SPI Chip ,, 16MB

Comment

Originally posted by matusiq View Post
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=840+g6

My bad ,, read over here ... there is another SPI Chip ,, 16MB
                          also post the 16MB bios backup
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Re: hp 840 g6 6050A3022501-MB-A01

please remove password hp 840 g6

Comment

Originally posted by MAZMAZ22 View Post
                              please remove password hp 840 g6
                              try..
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Ok i will test it and you would say it works

Comment

hello friends, there was a bios password on my device, first I wrote the 32 mb password on the device, then I wrote 16 mb and 32 mb together. Is there a situation like this or anyone who can help? :ah:

Comment

Originally posted by x-tuner View Post
                                    hello friends, there was a bios password on my device, first I wrote the 32 mb password on the device, then I wrote 16 mb and 32 mb together. Is there a situation like this or anyone who can help? :ah:
                                    try..

Comment

unlock tihs 840 g6

Comment

Originally posted by jaouad0techy View Post
                                        unlock tihs 840 g6
                                        try ... you still have a 16MB bios chip on the board, look on both sides of the motherboard..don't forget to make a backup copy of the 16MB chip before writing..and replace it with what was sent ..

Comment

Problem with elitebook 840 g6 bios

Hello, i need to remove password Hp elitebook 840 g6.
                                          After trying to program with known good bios with org me region it works without password but hp endpoint problem shows on boot.
                                          Posting org dump files 32mb and 16mb.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X