Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The case of the twin HP W2207h with the 2 second curse…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The case of the twin HP W2207h with the 2 second curse…

Hello everyone thank you for stopping by, let me give you some context of my situation.

My brother and I bought a W2207h each brand new retail, my brother used his as the main display for a custom build pc to play games and do college related work and I used mine as my secondary display joining a Wacom Cintiq to use in my digital art business.

Since we bought the displays I've used mine pretty often, almost daily to this very day without issue but my brother didn't get the same luck, his stopped working about three years after purchase victim of the two second disease. He never attempted to repair it and just stored it away until recently, as I still use mine he asked me if I wanted it and obviously I accepted not to worry for a second for its faulty state.

And I started to research for a solution landing in these forums very quickly. I saw very good chances to recover it completely, bought my first soldering iron and all the capacitors I could find and started the happy replacement when I suddenly realized a tiny blue buddy charred and scorched beyond recognition.

And here I am asking for help, as you can see I'm no expert but I have no problem following advice and I'm also clueless to the identity of my tiny blue buddy. I'm attaching the corresponding photos hoping for the best.

Thanks in advance!!
    Attached Files

Re: The case of the twin HP W2207h with the 2 second curse…

UPDATE!

After close up inspection on my little blue friend I fund the following inscription over his neighbor:

C
    3D
    3KV
    JNC
    The characters are arranged in a pyramidal pattern.

Also, in the opposite side of the board are other blue capacitors just like the pair with the charred one, I'm suspecting they deliver power to the lamps of the display, anyway one of the blue guys has the exact same description but the other one reads

10J
    3KV

I've googled this marks but failed to identify the mysterious blue capacitors.

If anyone can help me to decipher the inscriptions to buy replacements I'll be very grateful.

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283197455685

Comment

Wow, thank you, that's just magic!! I'll just order a lot to start with the restoration!!

Comment

I have news, the parts finally arrived today and I replaced all the caps except the big one and the tiny blue ones near the lamps outputs and… still 2 seconds on and then off…

What is the next step I should take, I'm open to your advice. Thanks!

Comment

So it is imperative to replace the blue high-voltage capacitor, it can shorten and because of it the inverter protection is triggered (it is better to replace all four).

Comment

Yes replace all four blue caps and also resolder all pins of the inverter transformers.
              Originally posted by PeteS in CA
              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
              A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
              X