Vizio D55un-E1, bad Q9100, C9100 & R9111, parts ordering questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio D55un-E1, bad Q9100, C9100 & R9111, parts ordering questions

Hello everyone, I just sourced a Vizio D55un-E1 with no status light at any time. Here's what I know:

First referenced this thread: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=d55un-e1

Complaint: After a power outage the TV will not turn on with no indication of a status light.

Findings: Complaint verified. Q9100 is short gate to source but neither of these are short to drain. R9111 is blown, board has a scorch mark next to the resistor. C9100 is blown with a hole in one side. U9101 appears unharmed as do the other board components.

As for the parts here's what I intend to order

Q9100 is Toshiba TK8A65D and is available: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/757-TK8A65DSTA4QM

C9100 is a 101K 1Kv capacitor, intend to substitute a 101K 2Kv capacitor: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...01K25Y5RP6UK5R

R9111 is reported in the above referenced thread to be a .33ohm 1 watt resistor. The color bands on my resistor are: Orange Orange Gray Gold and brown. It has a green color body. When I calculate the color bands here: https://www.digikey.com/en/resources...tor-color-code I get a 33.8 ohm 1% value.

What I need to know is this:

Is the capacitor I intend to order a suitable replacement for the original?

What is the correct value for the resistor I need, and what type is it, such as a flameproof fusible resistor, safety resistor etc? Also where can I get one? Digi-Key shows none available and I can't seem to find the right one at Mouser either.

I'd appreciate any help so I can be sure to source the right parts!
    Attached Files
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Re: Vizio D55un-E1, bad Q9100, C9100 & R9111, parts ordering questions

Followimg as I have the exact same issue and would love to know which resistor i correct

Comment

Arrgh! For brown, I see black! Wouldn't be surprised if it's monitor calibration time, despite at least using sRGB. I guess default sRGB sucks!
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by CloudyOne72 View Post
        Followimg as I have the exact same issue and would love to know which resistor i correct
        One way or the other I will post the parts I buy and links so you may be able to do that.

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
        Arrgh! For brown, I see black! Wouldn't be surprised if it's monitor calibration time, despite at least using sRGB. I guess default sRGB sucks!
        Yes, I see black as well, but the only choice I could see for the last color band in that calculator is brown. It does look black though. Maybe someone will step in here and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

I seem to count 6 bands with something between silver amd gold band
          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah I see what you mean....I checked my resistor and it does not have that extra band. I find that interesting.

Comment

That looks like part of the wire that makes up the resistor.

Comment

It may very well be, I'll put it under the microscope after I get this iMac back together

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                  That looks like part of the wire that makes up the resistor.
                  No painted ban, just discoloration

Comment

106 views.....and no one can help with this?

Comment

Bump

Comment

I'd go for https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDeta...eNvNGJyA%3D%3D for your capacitor.

I think you need to decide if you're the odd one out with a grey band when shopjimmy and CloudyOne72 have silver.

Comment

The resistor is a 0.33Ω 5% flameproof, that 3rd band is silver not grey. It is likely a 1watt. The last band (Black) is likely non-inductive or bifilar wound but a metal film type should work fine.
                          Last edited by R_J; 09-06-2021, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                            I'd go for https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDeta...eNvNGJyA%3D%3D for your capacitor.

I think you need to decide if you're the odd one out with a grey band when shopjimmy and CloudyOne72 have silver.
                            I think I'm the odd man out. After a closer look it is silver.

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                            The resistor is a 0.33Ω 5% flameproof, that 3rd band is silver not grey. It is likely a 1watt. The last band (Black) is likely non-inductive or bifilar wound but a metal film type should work fine.
                            How about this:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...IQ8EgDhXKBc%3D

Comment

Hey thats the route I was going lol
                              Well that is unless the donor tv I'm picking up today has a viable board in it

Comment

So yesterday I ordered the MOSFET, the suggested capacitor and the resistor I found at mouser here: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...IQ8EgDhXKBc%3D. They should be here tomorrow.

Comment

So I installed the components and the TV is still dead. Since Monday my modem appears to be blocking the BADCAPS site from loading so this will be my last update until that problem is resolved. No one can seem to figure out why this is the only site that won‘t load and that is kinda suspicious, leaving me wondering if someone has tampered with my modem.

Comment

It is very likely that U9101 is bad. When the mosfet shorted, it would have supplied over 300 volts back to the ic, through the gate circuit or most likely into the OCP/CS pin of the ic, When the mosfet and/or C9100 shorts and the resistor R9111 opens, there is over 300 volts on the mosfet source pin, this connects back to the ic via R9103, the ic's OCP/CS pin can only handle about +5v
                                    Is U9101 a SSC3S121A or maybe a TPV002AS?
                                    Last edited by R_J; 09-09-2021, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                                      It is very likely that U9101 is bad. When the mosfet shorted, it would have supplied over 300 volts back to the ic, through the gate circuit or most likely into the OCP/CS pin of the ic, When the mosfet and/or C9100 shorts and the resistor R9111 opens, there is over 300 volts on the mosfet source pin, this connects back to the ic via R9103, the ic's OCP/CS pin can only handle about +5v
                                      Is U9101 a SSC3S121A or maybe a TPV002AS?
                                      Ok so my connectivity issue to the site appears to have been resolved. No one tampered with my router. I switched it to IPv4 and the site loads fine now.

R_J it appears to be a SSC3S121A, pls see attached photo.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

This schematic is not exact but seems close although the location numbers and values are different, but it might help.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X