Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

@mysticusa
    You need a bios chip programmer, you can use CH341A (first make sure stock software does not corrupt reading/writing, if it does, use alternate software), EZP2019 or other programmer. Besides programmer I also recommend a SOP8 clip to prevent desoldering/soldering of bios chip. Some ThinkPad models use a WSON8 chip, which would prevent the use of clip, in this case you can solder wires from chip to programmer PCB adapter.
    What’s the ThinkPad model number?

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
      @mysticusa
      You need a bios chip programmer, you can use CH341A (first make sure stock software does not corrupt reading/writing, if it does, use alternate software), EZP2019 or other programmer. Besides programmer I also recommend a SOP8 clip to prevent desoldering/soldering of bios chip. Some ThinkPad models use a WSON8 chip, which would prevent the use of clip, in this case you can solder wires from chip to programmer PCB adapter.
      What’s the ThinkPad model number?
      it s t480s,

one of our office worker was given this to do remote work during lock down, he had a problem with his ssd, so when i changed the ssd, and tried to boot with usb for new install, i couldnt do f12, went to bios found SVP so cant change anything (edit: worker doesnt remember setting it up, but we never put svp so gotta be someone from his house, or himself lying). I can use usb nvme enclosure to do the job one way or another but was thinking of finding out easy reset procedure. thought this was easy seeing no mention of bios soldering etc... anyways i think i ll look into your suggestion as a future consideration as well, i ll make sure SVP these laptops before handing them over to remote workers next time

Comment

@mysticusa
        It’s a relatively easy job, as long as you use a programmer with SOP8 clip (no soldering required). With some experience it can be done in 30 minutes or less.
        In my opinion the most important step is having a backup of original BIOS (read chip and save file, do this 3 times and compare all 3 files to make sure they all match), before trying any patching of the bios.

Comment

Hello I have Lenovo Yoga X390 have bios password. I need help please.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
            @mysticusa
            It's a relatively easy job, as long as you use a programmer with SOP8 clip (no soldering required). With some experience it can be done in 30 minutes or less.
            In my opinion the most important step is having a backup of original BIOS (read chip and save file, do this 3 times and compare all 3 files to make sure they all match), before trying any patching of the bios.
            i ll keep a note of this. and thank you for the help. problem is solved actually without needing anything else... worker provided possible passwords he thought set up. and i tried them with caps on and off, one of them worked... he set up with caps on so i tried by hunch and figured it out. but future issues i ll keep on this.. maybe buy a model with locked bios and figure out with the programmer for practice.

Comment

Hi, pls help. Need un-password.
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Lenovo E470
                Dump Bios + Patched Attached !
                When I used patched bios ! Laptop dont show anything on lcd !

thanks

Comment

Thank you all, I did it myself, it works.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ak1_2004 View Post
                    Lenovo E470
                    Dump Bios + Patched Attached !
                    When I used patched bios ! Laptop dont show anything on lcd !

thanks
                    this just falsh it try
                    Attached Files

Comment

Please need unlock Thinkpad L460 8MB

Comment

Originally posted by lolito2011 View Post
                        Please need unlock Thinkpad L460 8MB
                        STEP 1: Flash and replace current BIOS with the generated patch file
                        STEP 2: Boot the machine
                        STEP 3: Press ENTER/F1/etc. to enter BIOS settings
                        STEP 4: Enter any character when asked for Supervisor Password
                        STEP 5: Press enter when it shows Hardware ID
                        STEP 6: Press space bar 2x when asked
                        STEP 7: Turn off machine
                        STEP 8: Restore original BIOS
                        STEP 9: Reset BIOS settings to factory defaulT
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bassbabu368 View Post
                          this just falsh it try
                          thx
                          worked

Comment

new user here.
                            so, as i understand, i need a bios chip programmer, desolder my bios chip, put it in the programmer, read it and upload it here. then someone can send me a patched archive that i need to write on the chip and will be able to bypass the password verification, right?

does it work for the intel T14 GEN 1?

Comment

3rd generation thinkpad x1 yoga bios password

Comment

Originally posted by munir100 View Post
                                3rd generation thinkpad x1 yoga bios password
                                >
                                Attached Files
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                Become a Badcaps supporter
                                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                Thanks to all supporters.​
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by dinarte View Post
                                  new user here.
                                  so, as i understand, i need a bios chip programmer, desolder my bios chip, put it in the programmer, read it and upload it here. then someone can send me a patched archive that i need to write on the chip and will be able to bypass the password verification, right?

does it work for the intel T14 GEN 1?
                                  i've been reading all the posts.
                                  i seen some people talking about "self healing" bios on some models. Is the t14 one of those models? i haven't seen anyone talking about this specific model.
                                  if it helps, my configs are
                                  i5 10310u (vpro)
                                  8gb ram

Comment

Yes the t14 series are self healing.

Comment

Originally posted by zomi View Post
                                      Yes the t14 series are self healing.
                                      So there is no solution?

Comment

i don't even need the bios password, i just need to reset the 0199 error count. just to be able to boot again

Comment

@dinarte
                                          To be able to reset “Error 0199: System security-Security password retry count exceeded” you need to get into Setup/BIOS with Supervisor Password.

Comment

Working...
                                          X