Asus G751J Laptop LCD is PINK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus G751J Laptop LCD is PINK

Hi. Have my son's laptop (Asus G751J) that is about 4+ years old. Yesterday, the LCD turned quite pink in color. Using an external HDMI monitor & cable, verified that the graphics card is fine with the external display.

Watched Northfix video on youtube, he simply replaced the LCD panel for the fix. Others claim a similar fix.

Aside from replacing the display - any other ideas for the repair? We have repaired inverter boards at the component level in the past but cannot see this on the internet pix for this 17.3" display.

Suspecting that the LED backlight or the boost regulator is defective? I know that our son was driving the display at full brightness.

Welcome any suggestions.

Re: Asus G751J Laptop LCD is PINK

Not sure how this post was moved into this area of the forum. Would have thought the experts with backlight / inverter knowledge will be in the TV / monitor section.

Comment

as first prove bad display with another display. u can use anyone that uses same connector. i think all have eDP 30pin

GPU when balls goes bad can do same things

Comment

hi. thanks for your comments.

an external HDMI monitor works fine - so this test should confirm the GPU is ok? Saw only about 3-4 public posts on the same topic and Asus laptops, for each repair, the LCD was replaced. Was hoping that perhaps someone had knowledge on what exactly causes the pink / green color change on this lcd. Being a thin display assembly, may not have a choice but to source a fresh lcd.

Comment

u can use any size or resolution

Comment

I have seen other displays that were pink (and not that bright) and it was a bad ccfl. Does this display use a ccfl for the backlight?

Comment

According to the LG datasheet, it is LED based. My son used this laptop daily for many hours for the past 4-5 years.

Same laptop except ours is PINK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlNg89lS8Zc

Comment

If the computer is only 4-5 years old I would expect it to be an LED backlit display. I'm pretty sure this is a decoding issue on the display. Unfortunately, the only way to find out is to replace it or use a test screen. The chances are good that replacing the display will correct the issue.
                If you feel adventurous you could disassemble the display electronics to confirm this is the case.

Comment

I did see a video on YouTube where there was a similar situation with a broken wire on the LVDS cable. The screen would correct itself as the display was closed and opened.

Comment

Very interesting @ACS. Will review the cable perhaps this weekend. Asia is closed for a week anyways and the sole Canadian LCD shop for these is out of stock.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X