X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Rochester NY, I was referred to here since you guys are Pretty Awesome is what I hear!

Replacing capacitors is not something I've done a super lot of, the last time I did that I was replacing capacitors on the Bowling computer power supplies, but I didn't take the size of the Caps into account so they didn't fit!

I'll stop going into all that.

It's great to be here!

-N

Comment

My name is John. I'm a targetry technician. We maintain and repair the pop up soldier and tank targets for the MoD. I was a IT technician for ten years. I also started my working life as a domestic engineer for matstercare.

Comment

Hello everyone my name is Tony. I have always loved tinkering with electronics and fixing things. I started out in the Air Force doing ground radio for 10years, got out and went into Cellular technology for the past 18 years, currently work for AT&T as a Field Engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by Capsized View Post
          Still trying to fix anything that's broken. Right now it's my Samsung 204BW monitor. Already replaced the notorious capacitors. Looking for information on acquiring a new "Function PCB" that got broken during the process.

Read a very interesting thread on here on that very subject prior to signing up.

Thanks for letting me in.

which types problem ur facing in you monitor ?

Comment

hii im new member in this form im hope this site member improve my knowledge
            its member guide us

Comment

Morning! I just registered and my name is Chris and I reside in Texas. I have been working with TV's since 82 and I remember (barely) these things called "tubes", even learned tube technology. Thank God that era is behind me, I get shocked less often today when working on the new technologies. Looking forward to learning and repairing with this board.

Comment

Hi everyone! Another new guy here looking for help repairing the tv, but first a little about myself. I am a retired electrician, 66 yo, with some electronic background courtesy of the US Navy, and then from Gen. Motors working with robotic weld equipment. Looking to learn. Thanks.

Comment

Hello all, I like to go by cobby201. My name is Mark and I'm from the home of the the wold champions Patriots. So please don't hold that against me! Lol.... as you know I'm new to this and trying to work my way through this. I have a Samsung PN50A510. I have read the post about C201 cap. I'm looking for the schematic so I can locate the compacitor. any help would be well appreciated.

Thank you!
                  Cobby201

Comment

Hi every one.
                    I discovered this forum trying to repair a Samsung SyncMaster 245B ... and it worked. I replaced 3 resistors and voilà :-)
                    Now I have 2 other monitors to fix (a Philips 170B4 and a Samsung L24C650U).
                    I'll need your help with those !
                    See you.

Comment

New Guy, Bristol, Va-USA

Good afternoon all..

I'm a non traditional college student in and a full time disc jockey at a radio station in Virginia. This semester (after four years...grrrr) I'll have an associates degree in mathematics, and hope to start Electrical Engineering in the fall of 2016. I enjoy electronics as a hobby, and hope to repair my LG plasma television that seems to be having video quality issues.

I hope you are all well!

izzy

Comment

Hello, first time user here. My background is 37 years in the IT/Electronics field. Worked as an Electronic Tech for about 22 years and now currently Network Administrator.

Comment

hi Guys like working on TV's and learning more about electronic

Comment

hi, I can not get over 70's amps

Comment

got a 40W NAD with a radio in it on the go at the mo. The best thing though is that in this design the the caps are not super critical. But what the hell, lets replace em and see he if its better eh? It will be ~ if it still works afterwards. just do it!

Comment

Hello everyone out there, I log in looking help for a sony vio mainboard issue

Comment

Hello I'm pwmasterpc19. I joined this site in hopes to find valuable info to fix my TV, and I did.

Comment

Hey TopCat,
                                    Thanks for the intro and info. I am a young 68 yr. old grama who has been self employed since i was 21, I am a 4th generation of family business owners
                                    in Well Drilling, Pump and Irrigation here in Florida.

I also owned & operated a retail business that sold supply parts to Local Business's, homeowners, landlords, real estate owners etc. for 32 yrs.

I am trained in troubleshooting the problems my customers had in
                                    the areas of Electrical, Hardware, Plumbing, HVAC, and Pool supplies.

we operated from home for 6 yrs. until we purchased the retail supply
                                    store and added our service business to the storefront operation
                                    plus we did bench repairs on pump motors, installed ballasts in light fixtures
                                    for our customers too.

I am a fix-it type person, love solving problems for people.

Now my purpose on this forum is to learn troubleshooting TV repairs.
                                    FOR MYSELF, and I already do a lot of computer repairs - and helping friends
                                    fix their own glitches created by not knowing what happened? just that they can't print, open a file, find a lost file, do a system restore etc. really beginner stuff.

So that's me in a nut-shell I guess.
                                    have a good one friend.

Comment

Hey, Nice to meet ya'll.

RC or BigWilley to my friends. (6'2" 310lbs, only slightly fluffy)

BS in EE from Boise State, EIT (PE around the corner in controls/EE, got my EIT after being out of school for 9 years......) with background in Consulting Engineering, Firmware, Test, Substation Automation, Wind Turbine Control systems, Geothermal, System Integration, IT, various Help Desk type work in college. I dabble in many different things. Most unrelated to this endeavor.

Currently working on a Spectre X32BV-FullHD (has T-COn issue I think) and two Pioneer wood case Receivers (circa 1977, 1979, SX-1050 and SX-1080) both are just old and need some cleanup. Plus have a few monitors I need to fix, Dell FP2001(needs inverter board repair) and Gateway 22in (Bad Caps most likely).

Glad to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by bigwilley View Post
                                        Hey, Nice to meet ya'll.

RC or BigWilley to my friends. (6'2" 310lbs, only slightly fluffy)

BS in EE from Boise State, EIT (PE around the corner in controls/EE, got my EIT after being out of school for 9 years......) with background in Consulting Engineering, Firmware, Test, Substation Automation, Wind Turbine Control systems, Geothermal, System Integration, IT, various Help Desk type work in college. I dabble in many different things. Most unrelated to this endeavor.

Currently working on a Spectre X32BV-FullHD (has T-COn issue I think) and two Pioneer wood case Receivers (circa 1977, 1979, SX-1050 and SX-1080) both are just old and need some cleanup. Plus have a few monitors I need to fix, Dell FP2001(needs inverter board repair) and Gateway 22in (Bad Caps most likely).

Glad to be here.
                                        Forgot to add, I have a thing for Yamaha receivers .. I have 4 of them hanging around....

Comment

Hello,
                                          I am a young engineer pc-mac.
                                          I have read some good articles and I would like to deepen them together with you and make my contribution.

Comment

Working...
                                          X